Turbo Buick Forums banner

Who should be allowed to buy/own/carry Guns?

• Only people who have a Turbo Regal to defend.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Anyone with a clean background, home defense only.

• Anyone with a clean background, for concealed carry.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Anyone, with a clean background w/loose guidelines

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Anyone with a clean background w/strict guidlines

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Only people in military, law enforcement, security, etc.

• Only people who can prove a good reason to own one.

• Anyone at all for home defense only.

• Anyone at all for any reason.

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Nobody At All !!

• Only Me...Nobody else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anybody with a clean background should be allowed ONE gun.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anyone with a clean background only upon completion of a safety course

Votes: 15 30.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a hot topic. Gun Control. I'm sure I'm missing some choices here, but just pick the selection that is CLOSEST to your opinion of who should be allowed to buy/carry guns. :uzi:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
I couldn't carry a gun ... thats all I know.. I am dead serious .. my favorite thing "shoot'm in the head" :rant: ... lots of crazy people out there including me :yup: :sw:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Only to shoot people who put up too many choices for polls. :) j/k

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
I voted "anyone at all for any reason" but it showed up as "anyone at all for home defense". Either I hit the wrong button or the polling mechanism is ran by Floridian Democrats and is overwhelmed by multiple choices.

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gn85 said:
Only to shoot people who put up too many choices for polls. :) j/k
Then it's settled...we duel !!!!

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zap said:
I voted "anyone at all for any reason" but it showed up as "anyone at all for home defense". Either I hit the wrong button or the polling mechanism is ran by Floridian Democrats and is overwhelmed by multiple choices.
Well your aim obviously sucks !! Choice 14: Anyone but Zap!

·
8,392 Posts
easy poll, just follow the constitution. to right to keep and bear arms!

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
I voted for "Only people who have a Turbo Regal to defend." which includes everybody here including you ZAP. :headbang:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Keys to good gun control

Good gun control begins with your breathing, good footing and balance, then you have to gently squeeze the trigger, throw in 20/20 vision and you should have a nice tight grouping.

·
Doin' the stanky leg!!
1,240 Posts
The way I look at is. Take away the guns and you then stand the possibility of having somone like Castro (John Kerry,Al Gore) being presidient for a long long time. Armed citezens =no tyranny. That is what the right to bear arms was and is about.

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
What's revealed to me about the facts on the current gun control laws in place is that congress mainly want to know who owns guns. They aren't actually interested in keeping the guns out of the hands of the criminals but mainly want to be able to come get them from the good law abiding citizens should the populace decide that government has no intention of representing the peopleand something must be done about it.

Think about it, They already have laws to deal with the criminals and can pick them up whenever the mood strikes them. In fact, there was a recent report that said that strict purchasing regulations prevented guns from being bought by more then 50,000 criminals since they were instituted. HUH???
:crazy:

Did that prevent the criminals for obtaining guns? Nope. No Sir. It only kept them from buying them legally. And since the mere act of a felon attempting to purchase a firearm is a criminal act, you'd think this governing power meant to enforce laws for the good of the public would have gone after and arrested those criminals who BROKE THE LAW when they tried to buy a gun.
Nope again. What a messed up bunch of laws & legislators we have here... :yup: :crazy:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
getyousome said:
The way I look at is. Take away the guns and you then stand the possibility of having somone like Castro (John Kerry,Al Gore) being presidient for a long long time. Armed citezens =no tyranny. That is what the right to bear arms was and is about.

As if. The general public will NEVER uprise against the government in this day and age. Getting raped at the gas pumps while the oil companies enjoy RECORD profits should show you this. We won't even pick up arms against Exxon much less the govt.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i will try not to rant here but pretty much what stevemon and getyousome said pretty much sums it up. i voted clean background, loose guidlines. not exactly what i think but it was the closest. im ok with what they ask now, they are valid questions.

·
8,392 Posts
Nasty Wendy said:
As if. The general public will NEVER uprise against the government in this day and age. Getting raped at the gas pumps while the oil companies enjoy RECORD profits should show you this. We won't even pick up arms against Exxon much less the govt.
I agree with that. Bush has trampled all the other amendments to the Bill of Rights, so why would we expect people to care about this one...he'll just say he's protecting you from the turrorists so he needs your guns-HA

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Bush was acused of STEALING the Presidency.........any one pick up arms? :dunno: They may have thrown their arms up but thats about it.

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Nasty Wendy said:
Bush was acused of STEALING the Presidency.........any one pick up arms? :dunno: They may have thrown their arms up but thats about it.
If I picked up arms on the delusional whims of delusional idiots I would grow fatigued from picking up arms.
:yup:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
The delusional idiots didn't pick up arms either. That was my point. If you REALLY think that the Presidency has been STOLEN shouldn't you pick up arms?

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
You don't have a point other than the one on your head. :sw: Delusional idiots are made up almost entirely of left wingers who would rather not pick up arms, since they have none to pick up and therefore have neither the will nor the way to pick them up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts