Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll bet you all rue the day I got a TurboLink.

Anyway:

1.Swapped MAF sensors again last night to another of my 84/85 units. It maxed out at 255 on a WOT run (where my Advance Auto 86/87 unit would only max at 217). Opinions on this?

2.At WOT I get 02 Mv in the 840 range. What does this indicate? Rich or lean?

3. BLM's still showing rich (at idle) even with switch to 233 reg. Why does my car want to run so damn rich? Causes for this are...? Is it possible the 30 percent Xylene mix causes a rich condition?

Suggestions, opinions (other than "shut the **** up!") are more than welcome)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Originally posted by Zap:

Anyway:

1.Swapped MAF sensors again last night to another of my 84/85 units. It maxed out at 255 on a WOT run (where my Advance Auto 86/87 unit would only max at 217). Opinions on this?

3. BLM's still showing rich (at idle) even with switch to 233 reg. Why does my car want to run so damn rich? Causes for this are...? Is it possible the 30 percent Xylene mix causes a rich condition?

1. Don't you pay attention? Obviously not

The Rebuilt Mafs that you find local are Junk. Not even worth gettin them for Free. If you can't find an Original Maf then its time for an LS1 Maf and Translator.

2. 840 is Rich, Which can be caused by too much Fuel Pressure, Not enough boost to take advantage of the Fuel or your Chip is just not setup for your combo and its commanding too much fuel at WOT.

3. Again, Probably Maf Issues a causing problems but also the fact that your chip may be puttin in too much fuel. What are the BLM numbers at idle?

------------------
Mike Schoenfeld

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by Zap:

Anyway:

Could be a higher flowing MAF??? I would suspect. At WOT, I normally see low 250's. You are just a touch rich at WOT. Hot air cars should be a little fatter than the IC cars. The little extra fuel helps to cool the incoming air charge on it's way in. I like about 800-820mV for best performance. Too bad I'm seeing 860's
... As for rich at idle, your fuel pressure is definately too high. If you tune it to around 800-820, and then check the idle fuel delivery. Maybe you just need to back the pressure off a bit. The xylene shouldn't contribute to a rich/lean mixture too much, if at all. Then back the boost off just enough to run WOT with no knock (1-2º on shifts is OK). Maybe try a different chip if yours is aftermarket if you can't stay above 14psi (1st gear) without knock, you may have chip timing issues if that is the case. Another guy had similar problems with too much fuel by using 36# injectors and a chip made for the stockers. Ran wayyy too rich and knocked like a pig.

------------------
Mike85GN - If you don't know by now, then you never will, so just quit while you're ahead.
http://members.home.com/scorched62/turbobuick.html

Proud member of the Manitoba Grand National Association.

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*BLMs were around 115 at idle with 237 reg/87maf.

*Changed to 233 reg/87maf, BLM's raised a little (to around 120)

Changed back to 85 MAF/233 reg, BLM's went back down to around 115, sometimes lower.

No knock at all. Joe Lubrant chip with 20 degrees initial timing. 38lb lucas inj. Car runs strong, idles choppy, course I have a bigger than stock cam (204/214).

The numbers look decent with the 233 reg/87maf, except at idle and WOT (where the MAF will max at 217). Maybe a decent MAF and an adjustable reg and I'll be in business.

If not, Blah! I'll buy a Honda...lawnmower!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
fleas are irritating...you are more like a termite

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I would not admit that in a public forum!

·
Habitual Line Stepper
401 Posts
hey zap,i've got a bgc stock appearing adj fpr taking up space here.

pay the shipping and it's yours.

later,sean

·
SCONE WIZARD...
704 Posts
BLMs @ 115 at an idle aren't that bad really... I dont start to worry until I see under 110.. Its not really idling rich because the ECM is pulling out fuel so it idles properly as indicated by the 115 BLM #s..

I wouldnt worry much unless the BLMs are pegged one way or the other..

------------------
Steve Ruston
1987 Turbo Limited

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
Oh! And Zap, we all rue the day you got a Buick
More Questions, since my car loves running open loop so much, can I just unplug the O2 sensor, or will this really screw something up? OH! And which pins do I short to lock the tcc?

------------------
Mike85GN

http://members.home.com/scorched62/turbobuick.html
Proud member of the Manitoba Grand National Association.

[This message has been edited by mike85gn (edited August 13, 2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.