Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I found out the wet spot on the corner of my engine was from coolant leaking from the intake manifold on the corner where the turbo is. Is that a usual trouble area for this? Do the intake bolts need to be tightened regularly or should I just rip it apart and put a new gasket in? (I plan to do that sooner or later anyway)

Lastly, is the gasket readily available at so-called auto-parts stores or is it a special one I'll need to order?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I would pressurize it and make sure it's not the heater hose, pipe or fittings. Also the throttle cooler lines can leak and end up there if you still have them. If you just rebuilt the motor and see a leak then yes it could be the intake gasket but to develop on an old motor is rare.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point I'll check the heater and throttle body line (its bypassed). I was in the middle of something else so I didn't look to see if it was leaking at the hoses and just running down, I just saw it leaking off the front of the engine (can actually see it dripping).

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Jeff try what ED said it could be one of those issues. The intake gasket hangs in there pretty good from what I heard. If you need it the intake gasket set can be picked up any auto parts supply house. Felpro intake manifold set part number is MS 96033

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
It's probably something simple. Do what Ed said.

As Jim mentioned, the MS96033 is what you want if you need to replace the intake gasket.

-Banning.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It might be the gasket. I checked it again last night and the bypass throttle body hoses are all fine, no wetness whatsoever. I'll look at it again over the weekend and maybe see if that bolt is loose, but I may end up having to put a new gasket in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts