Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
decaf is for kids
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTB - yes a book - Vizard's:How to Build & Modify Chevrolet Small-Block V-8 Pistons,

WTB
I know it's about a V8 :crazy: but from what I have read of Vizard's other works, I thought It would be nice to get my hands on this book: How to Build & Modify Chevrolet Small-Block V-8 Pistons, Rods & Crankshafts - isbn#0879385790 -
Amazon.com thinks it may be out of print.... :rant:
TIA
-Andrew :6:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
kaptinkafeen said:
WTB
I know it's about a V8 :crazy: but from what I have read of Vizard's other works, I thought It would be nice to get my hands on this book: How to Build & Modify Chevrolet Small-Block V-8 Pistons, Rods & Crankshafts - isbn#0879385790 -
Amazon.com thinks it may be out of print.... :rant:
TIA
Jeg's used to carry it. Might give them a call, 800 345-4545 (I think)

·
decaf is for kids
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doc,
I will look into it. Thanks for the info.

·
decaf is for kids
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked Jegs out - there is no listing on-line so I will call them. It may come down to callig some of the smaller performance shops that may have a copy collecting dust :dunno:

·
Registered
236 Posts
you might try........

calling Nate Shelton at K&N filters, Daves dyno shop was in the front of their ( K&N) building, that was a few yrs back, but he was tight with them.
they would know where he is located,
its worth a try!

good luck
cruzn57

·
Registered
700 Posts
Another book to check out, it may seem a little old school, but it has a wealth of information in it, is Smokey Yunicks's......

·
decaf is for kids
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys thanks for the leads,
Frank,
those are the wrong books - I already have the one that deals with heads. It seems amazon dosen't carry How to Build & Modify Chevrolet Small-Block V-8 Pistons, Rods & Crankshafts - ISBN#0879385790 may be out of print :crazy:
-Andrew

·
ex Kenne Bell disciple
48 Posts

·
decaf is for kids
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike,
I looked high and low through the 'regular' ways - I think those prices are :bflag: I don't care about the supply and demand argument for this one :rolleyes:
When I first saw those prices I nearly hit the roof.... I can remember looking for Dove's Buick book up here in Canada - not one major vendor had it - A automotive specific book vendor told me that 'it was out of print' and could not be ordered. I thought I was out of luck on that purchase as well.... No more than a week later I called Poston's up, and in the mail was Dove's book along with a few other GN parts that I needed :dunno: :D
Someone has to have a copy for a reasonable price somewhere.....
Thanks for looking into it though :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts