Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im looking for the backing board or complete headliner for a 86 t type with the t roof.
thanks
dave

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
Most of them are ABS now. All one piece. G-Body or highway stars would be your best bet. I did mine 2 years ago and you cant tell. Make sure you by the clips just incase you break a few.

·
Registered
415 Posts
X2. If you're looking for something closer to home, you can try NOS Reproductions in Komoka Ontario. I got the replacement headliner for my '84 Monte SS (non T-top) last year. They source the ABS headliner backing board, then I sent them a sample of the material from my old headliner, which they matched as closely as they could (I can't tell the difference), then covered the new ABS backing board with the matching material. With the new ABS material, the new headliner is much easier to handle, with way less worrying about bending or breaking it. As GNX418 said, make sure to get new retainer clips. Chances are that you'll break a couple of the old ones taking the old headliner out. Good luck.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I had mine done at an auto upholstery shop that Chris "Turbolicker" uses & the guy does nice work. Fabric matched perfect & Visors are made & sewn together right there. Drop it off & done by days end. Marlee Upolstery around Dufferin & Lawrence area. Not cheap but great work! :yup:

·
blank
2,898 Posts
The Highway Stars headliners fit nice- based on our astroroof experience

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you need the board to send to be recovered I have a few available. Call me direct if you like and we can arrange for you to pick up. 416-219-3136.

Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Dave,

There is a Guy just down the road from you across the street that does all interiors. He did my visors so he knows the material.

I can't remember his name though. He is a few houses north of the 12-13 sideroad. Brick ranch with a single attached garage on the right.

:sw:

Dave, I looked on google earth. Red brick double attached garage with a boat in the driveway. His driveway and next door have the driveway tigether so its about 50' wide. Couldn't get the address.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts