Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Caspers vss sending unit on order with Jegs and today I call to check status and find out Caspers discontinued both VSS senders :rant:. John and Brandon at Caspers confirmed this. Does anyone have, or know where to find a dead end sender #102045? I have the converter box and tach module but need the correct sender before the car can go to Anderson's. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
the casper converter should works with other senders

the problem we had was the old vdo and our vss buffer were based on a two pulse revolution sender and those are gone long time ago and were replaced by the 16pulse per revolution units which newer cars were using , and so required the casper vss converter

since you have the casper converter did you look up the new sender that summit has
much cheaper too

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-800600GM/

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul i didn't know there were other options for senders. If the summit sender will work i will order one. The sender on the car now is a brass looking feed thru vdo sender. Is that the old style your talking about? The dash is from poston and has the electronicvdo speedo and it doesn't register. Tried programming it and it flashes "E........0".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts