Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trade for this? Have to like old Mopars. I've had a bunch of them.

1971 Dart

Thoughts welcome.

The interior needs finishing and those bumpers look like ass, idk.

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Depends how bad you want out? I'd stick a 572 HEMI in it and have a blast. If it is clean and equal value go for it.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Personally, I like the car. Would I trade it even for yours? No way.

·
Registered
684 Posts
No, car for car yours is in a different league.
Investment wise.......possible, the mopars fetch a pretty good buck.:rolleyes:
I had a very clean '67 GT Dart with a 440 (transplant) with all the right pieces, and to be honest......my T is 10 times the car that was.

·
Turbo Buick Noob...
61 Posts
No, car for car yours is in a different league.
Investment wise.......possible, the mopars fetch a pretty good buck.:rolleyes:
I had a very clean '67 GT Dart with a 440 (transplant) with all the right pieces, and to be honest......my T is 10 times the car that was.
You just need new seats!! I've heard of crushed velvet but that's ridiculous!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
A comfy air conditioned fast Buick for a noisy 14 second rattle wagon :rolleyes: let me think now.............................nope :crazy:

Kevin:6:

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
I'm with Kevin and Jim. Your car is much better.

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But, it's been for sale for years and because it's not black, no-one wants it.

Maybe I could finish the Dart and sell it. :(

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Mentally I see that you have checked out a while ago, but don't settle for less. Your car is real nice. My suggestion is to put it on the other board and take lots of pictures with it all cleaned up. White T-types hold their value very well. Cars take longer to sell due to our economic climate. You would get a better response on the other board and alot more traffic through your thread. Selling to the US is very easy and very little red tape involved. Good luck on your quest. :cheers:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Mentally I see that you have checked out a while ago, but don't settle for less. Your car is real nice. My suggestion is to put it on the other board and take lots of pictures with it all cleaned up. White T-types hold their value very well. Cars take longer to sell due to our economic climate. You would get a better response on the other board and alot more traffic through your thread. Selling to the US is very easy and very little red tape involved. Good luck on your quest. :cheers:
Agree with Mike. Only looks from here are Toronto & Magna guys.
You need a Buick minded guy lurking the boards who may be interested in buying. Sure can't hurt.

PS: I like old Mopars a lot & the only toy car in my office is a Lime Green 69 Dart GTS (like I owned for years) but I would personally prefer a 68-70 for most of the old Mopars.
The 69 Road Runners are great but most are overpriced IMO.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Mike,

If I were you before I seriously considered trading the guy, I would drive that Dart from Windsor to London and back just so I knew what I was getting into. A nice hot day like today would be a good time to drive down the 401, if you miss the AC of your car, the stereo, the comforts of your car then there is your answer. If you drove it to London and back and still liked the car then go for it. :dunno:

But if you are just trying to get out of your T then do as ttypewhite has said and list it on TB.com with a BUNCH of GOOD pictures. Don't do the, "I'll post pictures later" because nobody will respond, make a post ONLY when you have pictures to post. :yup:

Good luck with what ever you decide. To answer your question, no I wouldn't trade straight up, your car for the Dart.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with gusszgs..... the mopars are fetching good money. But car for car i would stay with yours. Check the front k member on that car they are known to rot away unless its has a ful resto done recently.

·
Scone Wizard
119 Posts
No. The Darts are my fav of the old Mopars, but like Guzzgs said not in the same league. You have that car in the garage and see it all the time, or just don't care any more, but i think the realization of just how NICE a job you did do... on it after you got it from me has wore off or you've forgotten.....

NOTHING is selling. It's the economy. Hell. I know my Bird is NOT a Buick, and it's a bit crude but I had it on kijiji as a turn key tuned ready to rock 12.20 - 12.0 car with extra motor and T5 and slicks, for $3500, and got like 3 emails all ppl wanting to trade stupid things, and one guy asking if id sell it rolling because he wanted to take the shitty 4 cyl out and put a 351 in... [and prob go slower, this Bird's been 7.50 @ 91 MPH in the 1/8 lol with the 2.3].

I dunno what to tell ya but your car's worth more, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.... should you wanna go for a sunday cruise, about eleventy billion times more practical than that piggy is.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts

·
6,603 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Mike, I'd say NO to the latest trade offer. You're not old enough to be driving a wagon (unless it's a '57 Nomad). :sw:

Dan

·
6,603 Posts
Where do you have your car listed that you are getting decent trade offers?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts