Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing high 02's (850-870's) and KR @ about 6-7 degrees.
I have fixed all vaccuum leaks and leaky/cracked header(DS). My blm's are right around 128 @ idle and i can get them lower with an increase in static fuel pressure. The car just does not seem to break tires loose at all. I have checked converter (D5 all around) and car stalls at about 2300 rpm @ 5-6 psi.
I also checked the #3 exhaust valve rocker and it is moving as much as the rest of them (no wiped #3 lobe). Could my stock injectors be the cause of the problem (high 02's and KR)?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
maybe...only way to know is to have them cleaned and flowed...

might be a poor investment long term as they are still 20 years old and were probably pretty tired ten years ago.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
what are you measuring o2s with?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Steve, I am measuring the o2's with the scanmaster. I am currently using a lubrant 93 octane chip w/20 degrees of timing and i fill up w/ 93 pump gas.

NOTE: the High o2's I am seeing are in the record mode of the scanmaster along with the highest KR reading.

lowering my fuel pressure from 43 static to 40 or so doesn't seem to help much with the high 02's. my oil smells of fuel as well and it is pretty much a fresh oil change.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Sounds like you are washing down the cly to get the oil to smell like gas..I believe you can have a rich knock. But think you have have a leaking injector. Dump those old stockers and get some new ones.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Ttype83 said:
Sounds like you are washing down the cly to get the oil to smell like gas..I believe you can have a rich knock. But think you have have a leaking injector. Dump those old stockers and get some new ones.
If the answer to Ed's question is yes...then the above is probably good advice. :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
And try a turbotweak chip!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank s guys for the replys, and Yes the lubrant chip was ordered for stock injectors. the fuel pressure drops to zero in a little less than an hour when the car is turned off as well.

What injectors are a good replacement for the stockers? I was leaning toward a purchase of the Tomco green stripes (30 lb) as i would like to keep car close to stock, no racing in its future. If I was to get the Green stripes, what would be a good chip to run them with?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If the 30# are a lot cheaper...they would work with your current chip, but, a TT chip is a much more sophisticated chip, I think.

The 50's are also a good choice as they are easy to get a good chip for as well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you steve! I will look into both injectors, I think the 50's are more money, but i have heard a lot of guys speak highly of them. :cheers:

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Trbojo said:
Thank you steve! I will look into both injectors, I think the 50's are more money, but i have heard a lot of guys speak highly of them. :cheers:
I have the 50's, but I got a good deal on them..only lady driven :rotflmao: A stock turbo wouldn't even push these, but if I upgrade the turbo I'm set.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ttype 83, how is the driveability of the 50's? Are they like stockers when your just cruising? I guess they wouldn't hurt anything, and like you say, will give me more options down the road.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Trbojo said:
Ttype 83, how is the driveability of the 50's? Are they like stockers when your just cruising? I guess they wouldn't hurt anything, and like you say, will give me more options down the road.
Yes just like stockers while cruising, I get between 18-21mpg city/highway driving with a heavy foot. I'm thinking of upgrading to a TE44 later, with any other injector I would be pushing them at the edge of their duty cylce.
I've never used Joe's chip, so I can't say anything about his. I do use a Turboweak chip and very happy with it, about to find out how well his emission chip works.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
50's are great for the street also. I've seen 25-26 hwy and also drove Xcountry many times. Joe Lubrant burns great chips also. You can send yours back to be reburned and save a little money

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I've been thinking about new injectors, too. The 50s are nice, but I can't justify the price- I'm not ever going to need that much injector. There is a big gap between the 50s and 38s, or 42s, from Racetronix. (like $20 per injector) TurboTweak chips just went up in price, but still seem to be good value. If you need a new chip, no need to limit yourself to the 30# injectors, might as well get bigger ones for the same money.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I didn't mean to bash Joe,if anyone took it that way :eek:

I will say that I have ran Joes,Eric's and Bob's chips. Joes ran good,the other to ran a little better. Maybe the closed loop idle.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Steve V said:
I didn't mean to bash Joe,if anyone took it that way :eek:

I will say that I have ran Joes,Eric's and Bob's chips. Joes ran good,the other to ran a little better. Maybe the closed loop idle.
Not many tricks can be done with a stock setup and stock/30lb injectors. All above and others will run about the same.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yeah,I had 50's with those chips.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts