Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am a gn owner from Canada,I am thinking of relocating somewhere warm as my gn hates the cold.My question is are their many jobs for licensed mechanics in central Florida,I would prefer a dealership but others may be of interest.Thanks for any input have a great day.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Plenty of jobs here for qualified and licensed professionals. There are techs here in the central FL area pulling down 6 figures. Some of the largest dealers and dealer groups in the country are here, and for all franchises. I cant speak for the independent shops as I dont know of anybody making that type of money. Personally it wouldn't be a bad move if you really are qualified and know your stuff. It would be a waste if you are just an entry level tech. The big draw back is the cost of real estate is going to kill you unless you can hit the streets running. The other cost of living variables are in line, maybe a little higher than average. And IMO FL is the meca of the automobile world as far as the east coast goes. Where else can you do anything automotive related 375 days a year. Well right know its raining like a b!tch from Alberto but other than that its pretty darn nice.

·
Dr. Theopolis
783 Posts
You even get 10 extra days a year because of all this sun. :wink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Heat isn't really the problem its the stinkin humidity, i've seen people from the upper region get nose bleeds at a whim and if ya have alergies watch out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts