Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Gone and almost forgotten
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Has anyone heard of a suspension device that aids in traction called the "Wolf Bar" or something like that ?

At E-town last September Cotton had one on his table and some guys were talking about it, just wanted some info. Sounded like a really good traction device (?) dunno

What is it, how does it work, where are they sold etc.......

·
Gone and almost forgotten
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ed,

Thanks for pointing me there. I agree with the "Not really streetable" part. It seems it makes the rear very rigid, like a pro-stock car in the back.

After seeing Cotton go wheels up at NED, pretty much proves that it works......

Does Tony Gomes use that too ??

There is a few shots of Chris Chow's TT SBC on the site, his 60's are 1.39 using this system !!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I never really looked under Tony's car. But he should be at Atco Sunday and I will ask him. Just a point that these guys are making real serious power and compliment the Wolf bar. Unless you are in the real low 10's or faster or trailer only race car I don't see the need or expense. I see many ATR bars or boxed rear suspensions cutting 1.40's short times. I'm cutting 1.50's with a ATR bar and leave with wheels up I'm just having other problems to figure out crazy

·
Registered
309 Posts
The HRparts bar wasn't really made specifically to lower your 60 ft and they don't claim the bar will do that...they do claim what it was designed for...to make the car launch straight/level and stay that way down the track...if your 60 fts are lowered then it's an added benefit...I installed the bar and ran last weekend...my car used to lift the drivers side when launching and twist the whole car like many I've seen...this caused me to head to the right which I had to correct but with the bar my car launches perfectly level and straight and stays that way...end result I did have my lowest 60 ft along with lowest ET...
unlike a Wolfe bar if I want to remove the bar it's as simple as removing a few bolts...

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
MSGDN !!!
What sort of 60 foots are you getting before/after the sway bar ?? I had this on my list of next purchases, as my 60's could use some help. I heard this actually DOES help the 60 foots, as well as what you described..

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
I am hoping this bar (if it ever comes in) to lower my 60's from 1.7's to 1.4's. This car will not hook for beans!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Got mine today Norbie. :D yup powersix headbang

They forgot my free T shirt however. rant

Maybe it's in the box with the adjustable upper arms I bought too. dunno

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I may be there myself. :)

Won't have time to put the parts on the GN however.

3 pages of instructions for that thing. :D

At least he is thorough with them unlike many other vendors out there.... angrymou

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
Just put mine on. Took 2 hours and was doing it by myself. Drill 4 holes and the rest is bolt on work.
NICE piece.... have removed the air bags and the ATR bar. I will be testing at Reynolds next weekend...A good tuneup by Cal, and we should be good to go.. I may even get enuf traction w/ these 215/65's to get in the 11's and closer to matching the current top speed of 133... moon

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Old Buzzard,

Please let us know how you do .....I am anxious to hear some unbiased feedback...I need some big time help with my 60 foots...

Drilling ?? Did you say Drilling ??? I seem to remember Paul telling me at Bowling Green this past year, these sway bars require no drilling.. We are talking about the HRPartsNstuff Rear swy bar...Right ??

·
Registered
227 Posts
old buzzard, I also live in Ga. and am currently looking for another turbo buick to race. Do you know of anyone who has one fairly cheap?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Yup you have to drill some holes and even measure stuff. yup

Two hours my a$$. wink

Mine will hopefully go in Wed.

Shirt was backordered I guess according to some magic marker writing on the shipping box. :)

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Maybe they will send me the shirt at least, it will give me some hope!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
He's moving this week so you have a two week wait at the least. :(

What date did you order yours? dunno

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
S/6 said:
"Two hours my a$$."
I did it in 2 hours, and if you can't, I can understand!! [Something about Woods saying you are a bit more than a little genetically challenged!!] silly

Plowboy, I'm not aware of any "cheap" racers in this area... :D

I ordered mine about 6 months ago..... dunno

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Oh it's THAT Old Buzzard. Now I believe you. :p

Didn't see that signature first time. nono

After reading the destructions it could be done in that time frame, I think. yup powersix headbang

1 - 20 of 30 Posts