Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting serious with my car mods but keep the streetability ,i want to stop when my walbro pump is not suffencient any longer for fuel delivery.What is the largest turbo and injectors i can go with while using my 340 pump and an alky injection bottle ? powersix

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Before you get serious about mods, you better find out what is wrong with your car. I suspect you severely hurt it when you got it red hot in your burnout contest.

Why spend a couple of thousand of dollars on go faster parts when it is a second or more slower than it should be right now? :)

Put a decent chip in it and if it does not run well into the 14s, find out what is wrong with it.

Why waste money on a posi when it won't spin the tire with a peg leg?

How much compression does each cylinder have as a starter?

Have you changed mafs with any of the guys around you to see if it runs better? and so on?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i plan to change the chip and correct the problem first but,i'm also just game planning a recipe for the near future .i don't plan to buy any major upgrade parts until it is running properly;that's why i had previously decided not to buy a chip but,i guess i have no choice now;seems to be rich and i can't fix the problem .once the problem is fixrd then i'm going to buy a new turbo ,injectors ,alky kit and such but,not until i have a proven recipe .SEEMS like a t-70 and 65lb /hr injectors is a proven combo but,there are probably others and maybe better ones that will run in the low 11's too.thanks :)
RICH seems to think the MAF is ok but,if the chip doesn't work i will try his MAF and he also said we could try his stock turbo later too. :)

<small>[ June 21, 2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: jay ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
way over kill...guys run 11.6s on 49s and 44s...low 11s on 61/62s

You don't just bolt on a big turbo and go fast.

It is all about combination.

I have given this to you before but it did not sink in, I guess. This is not a fluke, it is all about combination-no magic parts, combination.

Everything has to work together. Did I mention COMBINATION?? :D :D :D

http://www.members.tripod.com/Turbocars/GN_build-up.html

But before anything will make much difference, the engine, tranny, and suspension must all be "right". :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT did SINK in ;i have that buildup posted on my desktop as a shortcut and it has been there since you gave it to me .thanks :rolleyes: i have not even made any turbo injector choices yet or combo's i'm just gathering info and guys proven combo's , was thinking of a 70 as a choice not the pick but,i thought maybe the 70 because the intercooler air temp should be around 200 degrees cooler than say a te-63 motor temp should be down from 110 to around 80 or 90(this is info from LONNY GUPTON'S SWAP OF A 63 TO A 70 TURBO)He ran an 11.08/121mph w/60ft of 1.50 in GM HIGH TECH AUG 2001 EDITION WITH mix of vp c-16 and 92 pump gas ,110 octane street .One item that i never over look is hasty decesion making and like i told RICH last night i won't perform any swaps until the car is running in the 14's in basic stock form AND i have the right proven combo for our region and etc.There are so many proven COMBO'S ps: MY PLUGS ARE AC CR43TS GAPPED AT 35,000
MY CAR IS RUNNING RICH ;what would happen if i gapped them at say 32,000 to try and diagnose the richness problem? :)

<small>[ June 21, 2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: jay ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The car is running rich most likely because a) you put 45# fpr on a car with a chip designed for a 38# stock fpr; b) the maf is bad; c) something else is wrong.

There is nothing wrong with the plugs, and, changing gaps will have no affect.

Yep, that GMHTP is known for their fast Buicks :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's good to know then.I'll get a ?chip? ,check the laptop blm's and maybe rerun it at the track ,if that doesn't work then i'll swap the MAF .STEVE can you believe that last night at the track i ran2/10ths slower with the filter canister off the maf (i took the pipe off the maf and the canister to get more air) and it ran a 15.7 my rt was the same though and i was really power braking the rpm's and boost up there too.THANKS STEVE my order for boost gauge airkit and waste gate actuator is being filled this week.
i really need to know which chip to get for my car i installed the 160 thermostat too. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts