Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I havn't driven the car in 6 moonths and I won't now until the spring (upstae NY ya know) so I am wondering what to do about the alky system. Last year when I went to change the nozzle it was rusty around the end of the hose and the entrance to the nozzle. I have always kept the reservoir full of 50/50 alch/water but I'm thinking I should either spray some type of oil into the reservoir and run the pump or drain it out completely and maybe blow air thru it. Is there a preservative I can use to keep things clean or what is the best storage preperation.

It is a DIY system, reservoir, pump and M15 nozzle on 86 GN. Thanks

paul

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi guys, I havn't driven the car in 6 moonths and I won't now until the spring (upstae NY ya know) so I am wondering what to do about the alky system. Last year when I went to change the nozzle it was rusty around the end of the hose and the entrance to the nozzle. I have always kept the reservoir full of 50/50 alch/water but I'm thinking I should either spray some type of oil into the reservoir and run the pump or drain it out completely and maybe blow air thru it. Is there a preservative I can use to keep things clean or what is the best storage preperation.

It is a DIY system, reservoir, pump and M15 nozzle on 86 GN. Thanks

paul
Drain it and make sure there's no water in the system. I'd refill with 100% alcohol. I wouldn't put any type of oil product in there unless the pump manufacturer has stated that it's compatible.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
If you have compressed air, I've always just blown out the nozzle really well. Replaced a screen or two in the last 3 years as well. :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts