Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new set of sweeps form Highway Stars at the BPG's last year,started to take apart the interior of the dr.but I can't figure out how to lower the window further to get at the screws.If any one can help it would be much appriciated.THXS.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Very quick and easy install. Should take no more then 10 min a side. Peel the upper panel off only. Take a 10mm socket and "take off" the 2 window supports with the felt on them, along with," just loosening" the two 10mm bolts on the bracket close to the edge of the door. This will give you the clearance to move the window a inch away to get at the 2 screws that sit behind the glass. Window must be down when doing all of this. The first 3 screws are in plain sight. The other 2 need the mod above to get at them with a angled star point screw driver. Be care on taking those small screws out. If you drop them in the door, the bottom panel would also need to come out so you can use a magnet to fish it out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Window sweeps

Thank-you ttypewhite for the helpful tip.It worked like a charm.It took me longer than 10 mins. but it looks awsome(I've only done the pass. side so far).Once again THXS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts