Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know them glass things that roll up and down.....well sort of.

Anyone have results, as far as speed, just replacing the motors with new ones?

I know about Kirban and the window Dr. dude.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
woha winders thats how ZAP says it!!

i know gm put smaller ones in to cut down weight. get ones out of a caprice should fit.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You can take the motors apart and clean the brushes, contact cleaner and some emery paper.

I've also noticed a slight improvement when replacing the circuit breaker, and/or cleaning the contacts on the fuse block for the circuit breaker.

HTH

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Dude! Your windows are slow' your car wont even break the tires loose" the trannys had it' the radiators leaking'& you don't like to work on it" So releive yourself of the burdon" Hey Ill even help ya out & haul it off for ya FREE! I even have a car thats for sale that Ill sell ya cheap so you wont be stranded.

BTW" If you do replace or clean the window motors be sure to grease the regulators & lube the glass runs with silicone spray so they operate more easaly.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
If they really bothered ME, which of course they don't
, what I would do is isloate the wiring power feed and use a volt booster circuit on them. Set it to about 15 volts and you will notice a BIG improvement. Much better use for one of those devices too. Better than hotwiring, cleaning contacts, replacing motors.....

Kenne-Bell boost a pump should work well too, control knob for window power!

Just my .02.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why I want the windows to roll up and down good Keith, when they are down it feels like I'm going fast and I can run the heater wide open to take some of the heat off the motor cause the radiator is leaking! One of these days I might fix some of this stuff and get plates and insurance to drive it.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts