Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boost Sux my Wallet
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning for a rebuild in the near future and am hearing mixed feedback from :6: engine builders.
Some say the stock rockers wil work and others say that they won't and you must use roller rockers.

feedback please..Thanx :6: :headbang:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Been using stock rockers on mine from day one. I've had them for about 3 years now and I drive the car a lot. No problems so far.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree, the stock rockers work fine. You need to pay more attention when you go to the aftermarket, like T&D, since they are larger and have less clearance.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The stock rockers will be okay for the short term, they will begin to wear the end of the valve stems over time. How long it will take, if it happens at all, will primarily depend on the profile of your cam. I've seen some street cars run for 8k miles eat them up, and others with twice the mileage and not a hint of wear. The adjustability and reduced friction of the rollers will justify the cost in the long term.

·
Registered
732 Posts
NJBuickRacer said:
The stock rockers will be okay for the short term, they will begin to wear the end of the valve stems over time. How long it will take, if it happens at all, will primarily depend on the profile of your cam. I've seen some street cars run for 8k miles eat them up, and others with twice the mileage and not a hint of wear. The adjustability and reduced friction of the rollers will justify the cost in the long term.
8k? Was the rocker geometry a little off? Or extremely high lift?

·
Boost Sux my Wallet
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any daily drivers out there have the stock rockers and the GN1 alum???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts