Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just figured out (thanks to Kendall) these Carrillo rods I was planning on using in a production 4.1 are On Center rods.

Question is, since the rods are too wide any way (to fit on the stock crank journal), can one side of the big end be milled to offset the rod? Wouldn't this duplicate the off center stock rod?

Carrillo Rod Width Measures:
Big end .8906"
Little end 1.125"

Stock Rod Width Measures:
Big end .8450"
Little end .9375"

Just trying to make these parts I got at a great price work together.

Thanks.

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

[This message has been edited by Orlando_87GN (edited March 21, 2001).]

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, if I don't use these rods, then I have to start all over and find a piston to use with the stock rods.

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Originally posted by Orlando_87GN:
Well, if I don't use these rods, then I have to start all over and find a piston to use with the stock rods.

I was just talking over your predicament with a guy who runs circle track Stage motors; he says that many of the odd-fire motors ran SBC rods that were narrowed on one side to gain a bit of offset; seemed to work pretty well.

Coupled with the fact that you'll be running floating pins, I think it's workable. We can talk about it some more on Saturday.

------------------

Orange Park, FL
various cars, some running

1 - 4 of 4 Posts