Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wandering if 275/60/15 on t-type wheels will fit without rubbing the rear wheel wells or do i need stiffer than stock springs (1"taller in the rear)or do i need air bags or not?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had to install new rear springs, air bags, and 1/4" spacer to run 275/60/15 tires. The air bags help out alot, you may not need the 1/4" spacer, i had one tire rub on the frame a little.
good luck

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
dadmomcat:
I had to install new rear springs, air bags, and 1/4" spacer to run 275/60/15 tires. The air bags help out alot, you may not need the 1/4" spacer, i had one tire rub on the frame a little.
good luck
What b.s. wheels were you using? Stock T wheels?

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Steve Wood:
dadmomcat:
good luck
What b.s. wheels were you using? Stock T wheels?
I have them on a set of stock T-type wheels and they are on my SS. And have been on my T. In both cases they fit fine, even with the T's lowered suspension. Both cars do have aluminum drums.

HTH,

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the stock T rims .SO,can i go ahead and buy the 275/60-15's for my stock wheels in the back?Should i get stiffer rear springs that are 1" taller anyway?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I think they should fit...wait for more opinions...think about the speedo error as I noted in the other thread.

I see no reason for stiffer springs...as I said, my car is lowered and I have no problems.

best way is to find a friendly guy at the tire shop that will mount one and try it for fit on the car. 275s fit nicely on 8" wheels with 4" bs on my car...no rubbing either side. (frame or fender lip) Lot's used to say that 3.75 was ideal on an 8" wheel...might get into the lip if not rolled? Best is to try one on your car. :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
think they are 7's

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to late i ordered two nitto 555 drag radials 275/60-15 today from JEGS ,that's right JEGS .They sell them but summitt does not plus they had them in stock for 139 but shipped to my door they costed me 304 dollars ,still a decent price compared to other distros .i also ordered a 2 5/8 boost gauge 30-0-30 auto meterliquid filled and a 2 5/8 fuel gauge with mount bezel and line.i also ordered from poston's another 160 thermostat and housing ,adj wastegate,ds valve cover breather,pcv valve,and a t-top twin gauge holder and a dual a pillar gauge holder and also adjustable fuel pressure regulator.HOOAHH!I'M not going to order injectors yet,i'm going to try a thrasher and a fp test then i will get a eric chip and injectors.things are looking better :D

ps:I ALSO ORDERED TWO DYNOMAX ULTRAFLOW MUFFULARS THE NON STAINLESS ONE THEY FLOW 1133CFM THEY ARE LIKE THE SS JUST NOT SS THERE WELDED 63.00 each jegs

<small>[ July 01, 2003, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: white shadow ]</small>

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
holy sheet .when i seen those pictures i was am like WOW!thank you thank you thank you.hooah 275/60's cheers headbang as you can see you made my night!

·
Registered
218 Posts
IMO, the really hot set up is to have your T wheels widened to at least 8". There won't be the 'bulge' folks are referring to and the footprint is much better. True Design Wheels Inc in Colorado can now widen our aluminum wheels and they do outstanding work.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
And if you put those tires on an 8" rim you will need air bags at 10-15 psi. or they will hit a stock fenderwell lip.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was afraid of them hitting. how much actual footprint on the groung(inches touching ground) would i gain by having them widened to 8inch;anybody know?
ps:i am wandering really if the big concern would be hitting the inner fender well and/or the frame with the t-wheels at 8inchers. dunno

<small>[ July 01, 2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: white shadow ]</small>

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hank is right that 8" is ideal, but 7" works fine if you keep the pressure above 16 psi or so. As you can see from my pictures, the tread wears very evenly and flat, even on a 7" rim with the 60's.

50's are much more picky on a 7" rim. If I went less than 18 psi with those, the center rib would pick up off the track.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
275s work fine on an 8" wheel, but, the back spacing needs to be a bit closer to 4". No problem when having the wheels widened.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts