Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant find the answer anywhere, what is the fattest 17 wheels and tires I can fit on my new GN without major surgery? I have my heart set on a 17x9.5 front wheel wearing 275 45 17's and a 17x11's out back with a 315 35 17 tire on it. Am I dreaming????

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have the correct offset of four 16x8 in rims from the front of an 87 GTA. I have 245/50 16 on the front and 255/50 16's on the back. I have plenty of room in the back, but my front tires rub the wheel wells when I make sharp turns(parking etc.).

·
Registered
122 Posts
i'm also running the 4 front GTA rims with 245/50/16's on all 4, no problem with the rears, the front tires only rub when i have the wheel turned all the way and stop the car, the rear of the inner fenderwell rub the middle of the tread lightly, no problems with the lip of the fender hitting the sidewalls of the tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THATS COOL AND ALL, BUT I'M ASKING FOR 17" WHEEL APPLICATIONS. (SORRY MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BUSTED.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Simmons puts a 17x8 front and a 17x9.5 rear.(not sure size of tires) I think thats the largest you're going to go without cutting. I'm not sure what spacing/offset they use. Search the other board for "Simmons wheels" and you should get some info. They are really nice wheels from Australia.(big price to go with them,too) http://www.groupawheels.com
They are the 'F-series'.

Someone else has used the Roh version of them but not sure of those widths.
HTH, CaptRob

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have Simmons wheels on my GN. 17x8.5 in front with BFG G forces 255-45-17. In the rear I have 17x9.5 and 285-40-17 G forces. Back spacing is 3.5 in. in the front and 4 in. in the rear. They don't rub and those wide tires look really COOL. Simmons wheels run $1700. a set, dealer price. Just tell the guy on the phone your a dealer, I did, because list price is $2150. These wheels are a three piece wheel, bolted together with stainless 12 point bolts. You won't see anyone else with these wheels, except ME, cause I travel back and forth between CLE, and COL. during the week. Any more questions E mail me. Tarey D.

------------------
87GN Stock Motor 50 K mi.TE 60 with.63 ext.housing #50msd 62mmTB by Jay J.Hotwired XP.KB.adj FP reg. PTE Front Mt. Boxed up&lr cont.arms Urethane bush. Carrera shocks,Mike Kurtz Racing trans,2800stall.GNX rear seat brace GNX trans cooler. 4core rad.Cyberdyne Digital Dash. Casper Knock Gage .BGC Ext elbow&3"downpipe 2 3/4"dual ext.Kirban springs&Chrome stuff. Spectre Braided Stainless hose&Alum Fittings Ramchargers Translator,Scanmaster 2, Westech EGT gage & more mods the way.

[This message has been edited by GN ERGY (edited October 08, 2002).]

·
Registered
790 Posts
What if the guy asks you to prove you are a dealer? How was it when you said it? I don't wanna be all befudled if this guy asks a question a "dealer" should know. But....I guess I have sold drugs before...does that make me a dealer..J/K

·
Registered
24 Posts
I told the guy I had a little repair shop and sold and installed after market parts. Lift kits in trucks, lowering kits, manifolds, carbs, did repair work. Asked him if he had a dealer price because I bought all my other aftermarket products at dealer cost. Then he told me that dealer price was $1700. compared to $2150 list. Got any more questions, E mail me at GN ERGY @ aol .com, and I'll help you out.
Tarey D.

------------------
87GN Stock Motor 50 K mi.TE 60 with.63 ext.housing #50msd 62mmTB by Jay J.Hotwired XP.KB.adj FP reg. PTE Front Mt. Boxed up&lr cont.arms Urethane bush. Carrera shocks,Mike Kurtz Racing trans,2800stall.GNX rear seat brace GNX trans cooler. 4core rad.Cyberdyne Digital Dash. Casper Knock Gage .BGC Ext elbow&3"downpipe 2 3/4"dual ext.Kirban springs&Chrome stuff. Spectre Braided Stainless hose&Alum Fittings Ramchargers Translator,Scanmaster 2, Westech EGT gage & more mods the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts