Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i looked on thrashers new site and the phone number is disconnected .i then looked on the left of my screen for the vendors selection but,it is not showing on my screen just when it wants to on it's own .all i'm trying to do is buy two thrasher chips a street gas one and a race gas one for the 25.00 everyone is saying they sell them for.any help would be great. JAY :)

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Have not looked at the Thrasher site lately. It used to state they don't sell Thrasher chips but it gave the email of Scott Simpson and Russ Salerno as distributors. It is a long story as to why they don't sell them. Skipping the story, the designer of the chip basically gave the rights to distribute the chips to these two guys with the understanding that they could make only minimal profit on the distribution. More of a public service gesture, not to mention a "screw you" to a rival chip maker.

Once again, this is the info on Thrasher Chips, Note the types of injectors that the chips are available for.

> Available Thrasher chip calibrations. The first 2 or 3 digits are the
> minimum octane requirement.
>
> Stock and Green Stripes (all run the injectors static)
> 92-28-K2.0 <<-- For stock fuel pressure regulators
> 92-30-k2.2200
> 92-30-k2.0
> 92-30k2t.2200
> 92-30k2t.0
> 97-30-k2.L2400
> 10030k1t.2100
> 10030k1t.L2100
> 10030k1t.0
> 10830k1t.0
>
> Blue Tops/868/MSD-38 injectors
> 92-35-k7.2300
> 92-35-k7.0
> 92-35-k7t.0
> 92-35-k7ts.0 (runs injectors static)
> 97-35-z6t.0 (old cal - no gear dependent timing or boost)
> 10835k7ts.L0 (static)
> 10835k7t.L0
> 10835k7ts.0 (static)
> 10835k9t.0
> 10835k7t.0
> 10835k7t.2300
>
> 40pph injectors
> E-mail me for specifics
>
> 009s - 42.5pph injectors
> 92-42-j2.2300
> 10840-j2.000
>
> The 'L' qualifier means the chip will lockup the TCC in third gear at WOT,
> 't' means the Anti-Theft feature has been removed and the filename
> extension indicates were the 2-step rev limiter
>
> first cuts in (zero means no 2-step.)

>
> To purchase, send $25 (personal check, cash, money order, or the
> equivalent amount of beer) per chip (includes shipping) to me at the
> address below. For an extra dollar, you can also send
>
> a Paypal ($26.25) to the e-mail address below and get the benefits
> thereof. BE SURE to include a note stating exactly which chip(s) you want
> so I do not get your order confused with
>
> someone else's order. Please note that I am a Distributor, not a vendor.
> I only do this as a service to fellow Turbo Regal owners to help them out
> at a reasonable price, not to make a profit.

<small>[ June 26, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Far as I know from the list above which Scott wrote not so long ago, there is no chip for 50s.

Scott is usually pretty quick to respond unless he is out of town.

·
Homer Simpson
339 Posts
Can't say enough good things about Scott Simpson. He's basically supplying Thrasher chips for his cost. Just drop him an e-mail with the chip you want (See Steve Wood's reply above) and you're in business. But check first to see if a chip is available for the msd 50's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't speak for Russ Selerno, but he told me in an e-mail a few months ago that he was about out of the raw materials to make any more chips.

I'm the current and proud owner of Russ's TTA. He sure took good care of it for me :)

Just read a post by Scott on the other board that said he'd be out of pocket until after 7 Jul....

<small>[ June 27, 2003, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Lburou ]</small>

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just recieved my Thrasher in the mail today from Scott. He sent me the same list that Steve posted when I emailed him about buying one last week. I used Paypal which made the purchase real easy. :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if scott does'nt burn a chip for the 50's then who does and do they have a phone number?i need at least one chip for the 50's with 94sunoco but,i'll take one for race gas too. also,usually when i'm on this site ,a column will come up after a few minutes .this colunm comes up on the left of my screen and has different selections ;one selection is the "VENDOR'S INDEX" we'll yesterday i wanted to get it to come up so,i could contact some chip burners but it never came up and today it hasn't either. :) dunno

<small>[ June 27, 2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: white shadow ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Once again. Thrashers don't normally come with in a 50# version.

We gave you Eric Marshall's name who posts here under the name of Eric Stage One and others in prior posts. Here is his site again. http://www.turbotweak.com
:)

Any vendor that you choose to call can provide a chip burned by someone.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
if scott does'nt burn a chip for the 50's then who does and do they have a phone number?
No one. The Thrasher chips are originally designed for stock (28#) or Blue Top (36#) injectors. The 50# Thrasher chip came about when I modified a stock Thrasher chip. It's not supported (or possible even known) by Thrasher or their distributors. The 50# chip worked ok but I wouldn't recommend using one if you did happen to find one. It's no secret, any chip burner can simply change the injector constant in the EPROM and whalla..

also,usually when i'm on this site ,a column will come up after a few minutes .this colunm comes up on the left of my screen and has different selections ;one selection is the "VENDOR'S INDEX" we'll yesterday i wanted to get it to come up so,i could contact some chip burners but it never came up and today it hasn't either.
Make sure you are using this URL to access our site:

www.TurboBuicks.com

Folks that are not using the main URL and are accessing the website with the 'Message Board URL' are missing out on all the features which makes TurboBuicks.com the unique community that it is.

usa

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ORLANDO ,i was definetely missing out.thanks
as for eric i emailed him last week twice ;i'm just waiting for a reply.i talked to RED friday about a chip but i really want to get eric or someone else for the 50 pounders .heck i can't even find any 50's in stock right now ;i tried all of racetronix DISTROS and they don't have any right now. dunno

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
How about PTE?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
turbofrank emailed these to me for sale
15 dollars each or all three for 40
thrashers
92 antitheft,2300stall stutter
97 2400 stall,doesn't know about the antitheft
100 octane doesn't know about it

he also has
kenne bell 9006p2 =30.00
atr pitbull 328c =30.00
atr pitbull hp 137b =30.00
espstreet lethal =40.00
reds 107 race =40.00
with a cold air kit 160 thermostat ,stock turbo,stock or aftermarket injectors would one of these be a good chip for my car now with stock stuff or later with bigger injectors and turbo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.