Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have to be underrated from the factory right? Only 245 hp stock? No way. Just does not make sense to me. What do they put down to the wheels stock?

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
It isn't necessarily that they are fast stock (high 13's, low 14's)... its that they respond so well to the basic mods (exhaust, chip, fuel, more boost, etc).

To get an idea of what it takes, check out the recepie page on gnttype.org:

http://gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/recipepage.html

-Banning.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
I agree the hp numbers were under-rated. Keep in mind tho that these cars make alot of torque. The factory rated them at 360ft/lbs I think. Thats about what todays pickup trucks makes (unless you have a Lightning headbang or a diesel). I do recall one of our members saying that their stock GN dyno'd at 450ft/lbs peak torque eek! (maybe it had a Lightning motor in it headbang ). GM wasn't to pleased with having their Corvette belittled by anything in any catagory (except towing) so these cars were under-rated. But even tho these cars were weaker than the Corvette a Stock GNX beat the Twin Turbo'd Calloway Vette in the 1/4 mile yup . Just think if they had as much power as the Vette ..... wink .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Ah ha, I did not even know about the torque numbers. That helps explain it. I want one so bad now!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts