Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to order a TBs mini starter but would like to know how much shipping would cost to Canada and how it would be shipped. Who can I contact?

Thanks

------------------
Rob
87 GN 11.84 @112.82
84 Regal 305 4bbl(future turbo V6 race car)
94 Z28 convertible

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
orlando87gn, the board administrator...

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Shipping to Canada is an additional $10. Total for one starter is $135.

That's as cheap as I can do it!

Order away...

Thanks.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
812 Posts
Finally an answer, I have e-mailed the address supplied on the link 3 times with no reply. Who looks after the sales of these units and are they new units or remanufactured units? They sound like a great deal if they are new...

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I have responded to all emails, especially regarding starters. Possible email problems?

The starters are brand new.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's a good deal fellas...
brand new here there 400..
it cost me a little over 200 cdn after everything was said and done.
and it comes witt the correct bolts too.

------------------

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Local starter "rebuild" companys in Toronto want $150 + $80 CND (core charge)= $230 CND . so $135US with exchange works out to about $216 CND , which is not to bad . as long as you do not get stung with duty and brokerage fees . It will end up costing you more .At $135 US for a "new starter" shipped I think I'll be buy one Take care.

[This message has been edited by KWIKR 1 (edited January 23, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by KWIKR 1 (edited January 23, 2002).]

·
Registered
22 Posts
would these mini starters would on a big block buick? =)

------------------
79 Firebird w/ a Buick 455

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think that I will place my order and hop ethe exchange rate does not get any worse. Soon the Canadian dollar will equal the peso.

------------------
Brad Thompson,1987 GN T-top, GNX takeoff turbo from ASC, CASV4, 65mm AccuFab plenum, 65mm PTE TB, Jay Carter Alky Kit, Walboro 340, 42.5# Lucas 009's, Jay Carter Street 93 chip, Red Armstrong 93 and Race chip, Metco Billet rear lower control arms, Scanmaster2, 3" MAF and translator, Chrome alternator, ATR 8.5mm wires, braided fuel and turbo oil feed lines, ATR cold air kit, 14" K&N filter, Kenne-Bell ram air induction dam, Fully Kirban Braced, ATR 3" downpipe with 3" high flow cat and crossover, Ported turbo exhust housing with Jett-Hot coating. Hooker supercomp 2.5 dual exhaust, Stainless rear pipes, Jett-Hot coated ATR header, Aluminum underdrive pully, Custom Mallory Billet alternator pulley and fan, fully gauged, Caspers knock gauge, 16" GNX wheels, BF Goodrich Comp TA ZR's, shaft loop, pinion snubber, 4-core rad with high volume pump, manual fan controller, GNX O2 sensor, Art Carr shift kit with deep aluminum finned pan, B&M transcooler, Kenne-Bell hood mounted fuel pressure gauge, ATR intercooler air
deflector, Original GNX wheel flares and repro fender louvers, Viper keyless entry and security. Boost set at a confident 22# (with Alcohol) on 94 Octane Sunoco mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
134 Posts
Orlando I too would like to purchase one. Just wondering how you ship them. Like KWIKR 1 points out we get less than 50 cents on our dollar now. UPS crossing the boarder with taxes and fees that $135 starter will definitely cost over $270 Canadian the way the dollar is now to my door. Maybe ship a cheaper way?

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts