Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a couple GN's purr like kittens, but I don't know what they use. Right now I have the 2.5" Kenne Bell dual exhaust with some Dynamax mufflers, but I want to sound more pissed off. If I gutted my cat, I figure that will have one hell of an impact on the tone and e.t. as well. I relaize it'll drone a lot too, better get some Dynamat.

Does anyone have the ATR mufflers?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Postons headers, gutted cat., Kenne-Bell duals, and the Ultraflow stainless replacements sound good on old salvageV6.

Hate to say it but the ATR 3" crossflow system sounds deeper and a bit better on the GN.

Ultraflows are good replacements for the dynomax. super turbos and won't rot out, I don't think...

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
A lot of it depends upon your engine combo as cam, compression, etc all affect the sound, as well as muffler type and exhaust system diameter.

In the end, you are the only one that can determine what sounds "best". :)

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i personaly love my ultra flows. they arnt too loud and arent too quiet. under normal driving they are deep and under wot she screams. and my car really does not drone much at all. at 65 its a real nice deep tone :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
i have a flowmaster right now and it sounds pretty good as all flowmasters do i think but i was thinkin about trying out a dyno max or somethin different. what do you guys think?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Put a set of Ultra flows on this morning with the 2.5 stainless steel pipes with no cat.WOW sounds great.Lot better than the Walker Super turbo's I had from back in 1989.Not loud,nice rumble with the cam also.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Bought mine through Summit.$106.00 each.

·
Registered
609 Posts
does anyone run just one muffular after the gutted cat .i can understand for a complete dual header setup you would run two muffs but what if you are just running a stock crossover setup with a single exhaust pipe after the gutted CAT? :)

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
For my Kenne-Bell system I went with stainless Ultraflow replacements and they do make a drop in set with the proper specs. :)

I also went with the dynamat.

Postons headers also helped the sound a bit too. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts