Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any can help me locate performance parts for the TR's in canada, having no luck in finding any parts in aftermarket parts books at work. Can't even get parts through the GM performance books.
Going to be a long winter and I have an engine to rebuild. I need some help please. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Maybe the Radius Kid can help you. Ken Seggie is up there someplace...I was thinking Ontario. He is really good with them and sells parts.

Jack Cotton is down in Massachusetts and has a pretty big clientele up there as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try MOPAC Auto Supply Ltd. with stores in Calgary, Vancouver and Surrey. They even have a one page sheet/flyer with Turbo Regal parts and their Canadian prices. Service was good and their prices may not have kept up with the lowly exchange rate which seems to be falling daily. Just my experience with an Accufab regulator purchase.
Tom

·
Registered
812 Posts
Seing that you are from the east coast, I would deal with Jack Cotton. He is one of the best around with the turbo Buicks and he will ship to us without the headaches, much unlike other major vendors. M&M Motorsports, Mike McCoy is also another great guy and he can get you anything you require, new or used and he also ships to us up here. I don't understand why some venders will not ship up to us, I guess they don't value our business. I think Ken Seggie in Toronto has a website still. but it has not been updated in quite a while. Check the vender list on this site for the #'s.

------------------
Ready to Play! Brad Thompson,1987 GN T-top,new GNX takeoff turbo from ASC,CASV4,65mm AccuFab plenum,65mm PTE TB, Jay Carter Alky Kit with Plennum Stealth Injection Plate, Walboro 340, 42.5# Lucas 009's, Jay Carter Street chip, ATR 8.5mm race wires, braided fuel and turbo oil feed lines, ATR cold air kit, 14" K&N filter,fully Kirban Braced, ATR 3" downpipe with 3" high flow cat and crossover, Ported turbo exhust housing with Jett-Hot coating. Hooker supercomp 2.5 dual exhaust, rear exit, Jett-Hot coated ATR header, Aluminum underdrive pully, Custom Mallory Billet alternator pulley, fully gauged, Caspers knock gauge, 16" GNX wheels, BF Goodrich Comp TA ZR's, shaft loop, pinion snubber, 4-core rad with high volume pump, manual fan controller, GNX O2 sensor, Art Carr shift kit with deep aluminum finned pan, B&M transcooler, Eastern Performance rail mounted Fuel pressure gauge with tap, ATR intercooler air deflector, Viper keyless entry and security. Boost set at a confident 22# (with Alcohol) on 94 Octane Sunoco ** In the works, a custom 2.75" Carbon Fiber intercooler to throttle body uppipe** mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Considering where you're located,Jack Cotton,no question[1-800-639-0531].Maybe you'll get lucky and get Jean on the phone,she's a sweetie.Tell Jack I sent you and to take Lucy for a walk.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'll look them up and see if they can help me get some goodies for my engine. Still unsure what to do to the engine to make it a litle bit faster. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
812 Posts
OK, first we need to know what you done to your buggy so far and what you want the car to do when complete. I would start with the basic mods first, boost gauge, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, hotwire kit, new fuel pump, chip, clean and flow injectors ( or new ones), check over turbo and do complete once over on the entire car. Also I would go buy a scan tool like scanmaster2 or turbolink if you have a laptop. Also change over to a K&N filter and cold air kit from Kenne-Bell. Next I would change all the mounts and do the Kirban braces, install 3" downpipe and 3"high flow cat. Then let your checkbook do the talking. If you do nothing then at least do the first items. Feel free to e-mail me if you want to chat some more.
Brad

------------------
Brad Thompson,1987 GN T-top, GNX takeoff turbo from ASC, CASV4, 65mm AccuFab plenum, 65mm PTE TB, Jay Carter Alky Kit with Plennum Stealth Injection Plate, Walboro 340, 42.5# Lucas 009's, Jay Carter Street chip, Red Armstrong 93 and Race chip, Metco Billet rear lower control arms, ATR 8.5mm race wires, braided fuel and turbo oil feed lines, ATR cold air kit, 14" K&N filter, Kenne-Bell ram air spoiler, Fully Kirban Braced, ATR 3" downpipe with 3" high flow cat and crossover, Ported turbo exhust housing with Jett-Hot coating. Hooker supercomp 2.5 dual exhaust, rear exit, Jett-Hot coated ATR header, Aluminum underdrive pully, Custom Mallory Billet alternator pulley, fully gauged, Caspers knock gauge, 16" GNX wheels, BF Goodrich Comp TA ZR's, shaft loop, pinion snubber, 4-core rad with high volume pump, manual fan controller, GNX O2 sensor, Art Carr shift kit with deep aluminum finned pan, B&M transcooler, Kenne-Bell hood mounted fuel pressure gauge, ATR intercooler air deflector, Viper keyless entry and security. Boost set at a confident 22# (with Alcohol) on 94 Octane Sunoco mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your ideas. The mods I have done to the car are:
18" K&N Filter behind the grille
Walbro in tank pump(don't remember the number)
Hotwire kit
Flowmaster exhaust (soon to be replaced with magna flows)
All new Energy Suspension Bodymounts
Three A pillar gauges including Boost gauge
Kenne belle knock detector
A cheap chip (dont remember the brand)

Would like to put the car low 12 or high 11.
Also have to rebuild the engine due to a little noise picked up in the fall. Unsure what to do to engine. Going to do bearings and gaskets for sure.
Having tranny done as well, got a nice TCI convertor to put in and have tranny freshened at the same time.
One thing I do need is a posi unit.
Last summer the car ran 14.1 @ 99mph with major tire spin.

Any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Wood:
Maybe the Radius Kid can help you. Ken Seggie is up there someplace...I was thinking Ontario. He is really good with them and sells parts.

Jack Cotton is down in Massachusetts and has a pretty big clientele up there as well.
Steve,

the last address that I have for Ken Seggie which is a couple of years old, I was out to his shop, is:
National Performance
unit 5 - 18 Harlech Ct.
Thornhill, Ontario
L3T 2A1
Phone # (905) 707-8313

George, in ALBERTA

------------------

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I think Kenny's business has a web site[they used to anyway].It's listed as National Performance.Hope that helps.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ken's site is old and hasn't been updated for a while, but here it is anyway. http://www.interlog.com/~gnttype/

Paul

------------------
1972 Toyota Celica with a 87 TR drive train.

PTE 44 turbo @ 20psi on pump gas. Jay Jackson’s 62 mm throttle body, ported and polished plenum and intercooler. Solid MAF pipe, K&N Filter. Blue tops. Hot wired 255 L/hr Holley inline FP., AFR. AC CR43’s. Type II coil pack and module. 8.5 Magnecor’s. Hand made TH style DP, 3” exhaust split to two 2 ½ inch Magnaflows.

Built 200 4R tranny, B&M cooler, stock D5 converter, B&M Megashifter.
Chopped Ford 9” four link setup @3:25 posi rear with a 300 ZX disk brake setup. Air bags, Bilstein Rally shocks.
85 Supra 57 mm piston 10” vented rotor front brake setup. Hurst Roll control. Tokico race struts, heavy duty coils. Nissan 300 ZX 15/16 master cylinder.
Dunlop SP 5000 205/50ZR 15’s, Ford power steering rack.

DirectScan, Caspers Knock gauge, Autometer 30/30 boost/vacuum gauge, Autometer tranny temp gauge. Jay C’s 94, Red’s 100, Thrasher 92, and my own chips

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth stay away from ken at national performance. I have dealt with him and I wouldn't even take a tonka toy to him let alone a gn. For parts and service stick with the proven big names.

------------------

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
A friend of mine took his TR to National Performance and wasn't too happy with the work that was done. I won't mention his name or what all was done, but he may respond to this thread on his own.
As always be carefull when you take your car to anyone to work on it.

Paul Beal
[email protected]

·
SCONE WIZARD...
704 Posts
Originally posted by 231rush:
Just my 2 cents worth stay away from ken at national performance. I have dealt with him and I wouldn't even take a tonka toy to him let alone a gn. For parts and service stick with the proven big names.

Tonka trucks can be a handful to work on

I'll have to second Radius Kid.. Jack Cotton is excellent. Always had great service from him.

------------------
DTA... don't trust anybody...
- - - - - -
Steve Ruston
1989 Mustang LX Coupe
5 speed, mostly stock w/ small mods... For now anyway

1976 Chev Caprice Classic,
96000 miles, Red, 400 SBC, TH 350, BIG heavy chrome bumpers..
Daily driver, parts chaser, traffic buster & your worst nightmare if you park too close to me at Walmart

1987 Turbo Limited--> Sold Nov 2001

[This message has been edited by Schlodes (edited February 04, 2002).]

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Originally posted by Schlodes:
Tonka trucks can be a handful to work on

I'll have to second Radius Kid.. Jack Cotton is excellent. Always had great service from him.

Jeez,don't say that too loud.The big bunyuk's liable to get a swelled head!

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Jack @ Racetronix gets a big thumbs up
Jack Cotton gets the same
Michael McCoy was very receptive to dealing with "us"
Keith Mease (that new 3" S/S DP guy) has no issues helping us with our shipping "problems"

As for Ken Seggie, he needs his head checked as far as his prices go. I saved hundreds ($10 US) dealing with independants and the above guys.

HTH,

------------------
Michael Lis
87 Vortec SS
87 Turbo T
http://geocities.com/CanadianSkunkWorks/index.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts