Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the carpet still available from the dealer?

What about JC Whitney? Anyone ever get one of these? Quality? Fit? Durability??

Thanks.

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Current Combo: Stock Turbo, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip.
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
wonder if they are using something other than from ACC?

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

86 GN bought new, TE45/ported heads/CAS front mount/MSD50's/TH dp/210 PTE Roller Cam/9-1 c.r./65mmTB-Hemco plenum/2 3/4" exhaust/Eibach springs/GNX style wheels/MAXEFFORT 16 pos chip with gas out feature/venturiless maf

87 T-type-Stock short block/ported heads/red stripes/TE44/2.5" Hooker exhaust/MAXEFFORT 16 position chip with gas out

81 El Camino with GN drive train-basically stock 86

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is ACC? I want some carpet that looks all original.

I checked the above link.. is $129 the going rate?

------------------
Email Address: mailto:mik[email protected][email protected]</A>

Current Combo: Stock Turbo, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip.
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim.

[This message has been edited by Orlando_87GN (edited January 16, 2001).]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mike,

I put the ACC in my T over a year ago and it still looks good. It takes patients to get it right but I took my time and it came out great. I also put down some Dynomat to help reduce road noise. Wait until the Speedway Spectacular in March becuase ACC is always there and runs specials for $99 and you save shipping.

Chuck M.

------------------

The CAR Website

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The knock on ACC (Auto Custom Carpet or something like that) is that is supposedly fades in the sun....

Lots of complaints about it on the mailing list...makes me nervous and I could use a carpet

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

86 GN bought new, TE45/ported heads/CAS front mount/MSD50's/TH dp/210 PTE Roller Cam/9-1 c.r./65mmTB-Hemco plenum/2 3/4" exhaust/Eibach springs/GNX style wheels/MAXEFFORT 16 pos chip with gas out feature/venturiless maf

87 T-type-Stock short block/ported heads/red stripes/TE44/2.5" Hooker exhaust/MAXEFFORT 16 position chip with gas out

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I wonder what Jax sells....I just noticed the banner add here which includes carpets.

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
what about GM????

------------------

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have installed ACC in several cars and notes that they are very prone to fading. The carpet they use is of lighter weight materials than OEM and doesn't have as much sound deadening material on it. The last thing that really ticked me off is that they punch the holes in the wrong spots and a lot of times the mold doesn't form to the floor in the same spots as the original. This is with about 4 different sets I have installed in the past 2 years. The last set I installed had the heal pad glued about 7-8 inches rearward from where it should have been. The fading might not be a problem for those who keep their cars garaged and only drive on nice days. But for those of us that drive and store them outside, it is. I am not impressed.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Dan, there was someone on ebay trying to sell a set of new GM black carpets...his reserve was around $1500.......

Saw them on twice...once someone had bid $700.....I was gonna bid $250......

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
soooo I guess its not available from the dealer

------------------

·
Sponsorship Needed
780 Posts
I got mine from OhioMat. Don't know the phone number though. Very good quality and fit. You will have to punch all the holes yourself which is not hard at all when using your old carpet.

------------------

Jason White
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
58 Posts
www.jaxseatcover.com

Just go to the website and email/call them up...Paul is a perfectionist when it comes to the interiors. When I got my WE4 back from him I smiled for days strait...I wish I could go out to the storage garage and just sit in the car....

-Jon

[This message has been edited by jon_we4 (edited January 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got brand new tan carpet still in box for 100.00 Sold car I bought it for.

------------------
Having Fun In The Sun In Daytona....

Jeff

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Steve,

ACC isn't that bad. I've had ACC carpet in my heap for over 2 yrs now, in the sun, out of the sun, upside down, etc, and it hasn't faded... Now if I could only keep my freaking feet CLEAN when getting into the car....

They must've had a bad batch or something...
One thing I always do to carpet is brush it thoroughly before I install it and hose it down with Scotchguard. Helps keep away most stains... Except oil and tranny fluid...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but ACC ISNT the same as OEM, period. There are many differences in quality. It might look good to you, but it just isnt the same to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts