Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a lower rad hose at Pep Boys the other day, and while I think it would fit if I trim it at the bottom...are there any good sources for upper/lower hoses that actually fit properly?

I *could* get to Kirbans but thats a haul on my lunch hour and I'm about out of time to get the car back together.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sigh...looks like the lower one Kirban sells is identical to what I have here.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Do you have a NAPA around, their hoses are Gates. Which fit fine. Are you still using your stock Radiator or did you put that F body one in?

Stefan

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I read that last night - I'll hit Napa up at lunch and see what theirs look like. I'm still using the stock rad. The stock hoses aren't too bad I just figured I'd put some new ones on while I have it apart.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the Napa hose, it doesnt look much different from the Pep Boys one but I took it anyway to see if its shorter.

The main pita part is the bend that goes to the water pump goes past then comes back...it comes really close to the exhaust manifold. The factory hose os just a straight up 90deg bend.

Actually if anyone can take a pic of how the hose is routed please do.

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
You need to cut some off the end to make it fit nice. Which end i forget, but it does fit well after cutting it shorter.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to cut some off the end to make it fit nice. Which end i forget, but it does fit well after cutting it shorter.
I think its the end that goes to the radiator - and from the looks of it thats whats different about the napa hose. If they'd just put a regular 90 on the water pump end it would be perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.