Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone.. its time for a new pump since mine is shot! anyways where is a place for a good price. i'm looking at a walbaro340. thanks.

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
most of the vendors sell one...i would recommend getting one from Precision Turbo here in Hebron,IN

it's where i bought mine and have had no problems with it...

------------------
http://d0n_3d.tripod.com/homepage.htm

1987 Buick Grand National - all bolt-ons...will not stop until there is nothing left to bolt on!

best new time to date: 12.66 @ 108.25 mph with a 1.90 short time on stock stuff, car has alot more in it!

"GOT BOOST?" "HOUSTON...WE HAVE LIFT-OFF" :D :D :D

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm prolly getting it from ram chargers or the racenetics

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by firebird_1252:
hey everyone.. its time for a new pump since mine is shot! anyways where is a place for a good price. i'm looking at a walbaro340. thanks.
Best price is through Ramchargers special. I've not seen it lower than that...

[This message has been edited by CDNGN (edited May 17, 2002).]

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i'm defintaly ordering one or the other. thank god i can go past 5psi of boost and feel like its past 5psi!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
has anyone ran the racetronics hotwire kit?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have both the 340 FP and the Hotwire kit that Racetronix sells.
Professionally done hotwire kit.
Plug and play.
Can't go wrong with it.
HTH

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Looks like PTE is still trying to clear out their inventory of shimmed 307s. That ain't no deal.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i might even go with the pump from ramchargers and buy the kit from racetronix.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The ramchargers pump is a shimmed 307 too isn't it? That's the same as the "muscle pump" that Modern Musclecar used to sell.

Buy it from Racetronix, shipping may be a while though since they are in canadia and it has to go through customs.

For US vendors I'd get the harness from John Spina and the pump from Jack Cotton.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think thats the stock replacement

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by firebird_1252:
i think thats the stock replacement
The Kirban 1540 is a Walbro 340. Bought one last year. The 6544 is a stock one.

John Hordych

------------------
JOHN HORDYCH
87 GN Ta49 36#, big mouth intake,9/11 TC,new interior,JC93 chip,KB exhaust,test pipe,Boost a pump,340 walbro,IMM trunk kit,Basic mods all gauges,Turbo Link,new trans by Eric Shertz

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks John, That will probably be my next purchase.

firebird: I installed the hotwire kit from Kirban (I believe casper electronics makes it)not long ago. If you buy this one or one similar, try routing it from along the drivers side of the gas tank forward. This way allows you to run the smaller fuse over the shock/strut tower(tight fit and a little hard getting yours hands up there)thereby avoiding the rear/axle/exhaust completely. Then along fuel filter, in b/t trans crossmember and up front fender well. It looks like a real clean install when you are done.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think i'm going to end up witht he racetronix kit. it looks real easy. i was going to run the wires down the drivers side

·
Registered
349 Posts
http://www.racetronix.com/

Buy it from Racetronix, shipping may be a while though since they are in canadia and it has to go through customs.

I bought their kit through Anderson Performance & got it right away. RaceTronix has the contact info right on the opening page of their site. Just thought I'd share that for those who didn't know.
Doesn't have to go through customs that way.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yup, I got some inline pumps, and I wanted to deal directly with Jack to get a straight scoop on some other needs. Geat to deal with, just international shipping that takes a decade of leap years.

I don't like middle men.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts