Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am pulling up a trouble code of 32 i think ?
i guess i need a egr valve;what are symptons of a bad EGR and where is it located?Also,i called auto store and they said that there are two different ones and that i need to give them the oem number to get the right one,only i don't know where it's located.

<small>[ June 13, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: jay ]</small>

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Hose may of popped off.
EGR is on the driver side on the intake. It has the black cover.
There is also an EDR solenoid that is attached to the valve cover.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
More likely the solenoid than the actual valve. You can check the valve by sucking on the hose to see if the diaphram is intact. You should not be able to suck air thru the hose to the valve if the diaphram is good.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did the check and no air was sucking and i heard the diaphram .do you know what the selonoid part number is because the parts store just told me they don't have carry a replacement selenoid for the car and that i would have to go to the dealer only??

<small>[ June 13, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: jay ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
No, I don't. Before you try a new one, you might try cleaning the small filter that is under the cap on the egr solenoid...if it is plugged up, it will not work correctly.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where is the egr solenoid at ?i founnd the egr and the cap that is over it but,i'm lost on the solenoid cap and filter;also hello STEVE i hope you've found some new excitement lately;like a good wife or bingo hall.lol :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
egr solenoid is on the rear of the ds valve cover...just follow the hose from the egr valve to it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Jay,
EGR Valve GM Part # 17111570
I will e-mail that info you need in the morning.
-Rich

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks.steve i drove up to a fellow members house today;his name is RICH and he is from BLOOMFIELD NEW YORK he and his brother own turbo buicks.he plugged his laptop into my car and all the numbers read good but,he thinks it is running realrich and may be the stock regulator so,i bought a replacement one for the 89ta i think the last numbers read 237 i'll slap it on tommorrow if it's not that then it seems it would have to be this egr and/or the injectors .RICH was a really super friendly and nice guy ;i look forward to future encounters like the one i had today.i like this whole buick scene it's really a good vibe atmosphere!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts