Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to military obligations I have finally been able to get my 87' GN out of storage for the first time in a year. I know a guy who is pretty good go through the car with his computer and his huge Buick Turbocharged Cranium. I know I have not driven the car in awhile but it does not seem to have the low-end grunt that it use to. I ran the car at Thunder Valley Dragway in Marion, SD two years ago and ran 13.74 @ 99mph. I was thrilled for two reasons 1. I just drooled over the potential of the vehicle since I just bought the car and I was having transmission problems. 2. I was use to driving my 91 GT Mustang and the GN was a totally different and more aggressive animal. I drove the car most of the summer but spent a lot of time working on the engine, transmission and it never seen the track again. Well after I thought I finally solved most of the mechanical issues I was called away for military duty. I am now back and just love driving it but it does not seem like the nasty little devil it was before. It is kind of a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde kind of vehicle. Sometimes it seems like it is getting back to its glory days and some days it seems totally off. It seems like it takes longer than usual for the Turbo to get motivated. Once it gets to around 10 pounds of boost it really gets up goes but from 0-9 it does not have the same power as before. I can hear the turbo spool up but it just does not want to go. Any suggestions?

Also I noticed when I turn right the left side by the wheel seems to vibrate and make a strange noise. Nothing high pitched just a noise like something needs to be greased. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: kuku ]</small>

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Is the gas a year old too? :confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the gas is as new as the gas station allows it to be. I buy the 93 at the Sinclair station.

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: kuku ]</small>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts