Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont put my foot to the floor much, but when i do i get this kind of constant hopping and power lose, im not sure if im not getting enough gas into the motor or what. What could it be???Possible back fire???
its not the MAF either i just replaced that.
and the EGR solenoid as well, the one on the plenum.

O yea and im going to buy a street and strip tranny from dynotech. yup
well im trying to get a hold of them they havent called back but im sure ill get a hold of them.

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
Could be a coil pack going bad or spark plug gap not right. You don't put your foot to the floor much? I can't keep mine off it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
proably the gap, new coil pack and 9mm wires.
what are the gaps on GN's 35?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
sounds like it might be detonation..how much boost are your running?

a tight .035 on the plugs

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe detonation because my knock gauge isnt working, figures.

Im ganna install a new TPS sensor as well, possible with the new mods the stock one cant hold the info.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
how much boost are you running?

You will go broke swapping parts and if you cannotreceive basic information, you are whistling in the wind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coil Pack most likely cause but as like any other Buick GN Veteran will tell you. Get a scanner or why own a car like this? Best investment you will ever make.

Stock87-PwrEverything:
I dont put my foot to the floor much, but when i do i get this kind of constant hopping and power lose, im not sure if im not getting enough gas into the motor or what. What could it be???Possible back fire???
its not the MAF either i just replaced that.
and the EGR solenoid as well, the one on the plenum.

O yea and im going to buy a street and strip tranny from dynotech. yup
well im trying to get a hold of them they havent called back but im sure ill get a hold of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts