Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk, maybe this just happens to me but everytime i meet someone new they ask me if my car is a GNX. of course i say no, but i get the comments like,"man you should have gotten a GNX i almost picked one up myself for 20 g's."wtf??????? in the last week i'm not even kidding i've had 3 ppl say i should have gotten a GNX instead of the gn. :confused: i try to explain to them they go for a pretty penny but nobody gets it. even at the local car meets i go to (edgewater, NJ) i brought the GN last night for shits and giggles and had a handful of people ask me how much my GNX costed. is it just me or does this happen to people on the regular? i get more GNX comments than the "hey nice monte" ones.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well, that's a new one.

I've never heard that once, and I've owned my GN for 13 years! Don't think it's been in the garage all that time either, cause I've put almost 160,000 miles on it in that time! I have heard the Monte Carlo comments though.

I have had a tone of people over the years who knew exactly what it was, and they all have complimentary things to say. I'm talking about all kinds of regular places too, not car shows. I've kept getting nice comments even as it began to look...shall we say...tired. :( That will soon not be the case though. :)

Maybe someone is trying to work on your nerves? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
To much rice up where you are Greg. Those uncle ben's people have no clue. Take the GN badges off and slap some EVO badges on it and they will look at you as a god! :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol i was looking into some type r badges actually, instead of the evo ones :rolleyes: no these ppl are 100 percent serious. i've gotten some weird comments before. like "nice monte", "is that a real gn", but this gnx thing has been new for the last 2 weeks. another funny one was when i raced a 03 gt stang vert on the highway near school one night. had the dump open and two buddies in the car(was an extra 500 pds to be exact) and i pulled him still which was rather shocking since all i had was the intake, powerplate, and dp w/ dump open.. he later asked what kind of blower i had.. :crazy: jim ur right i gotta stop going to the ricer hangouts, but man they have some ridiculously hot high school chicks there! :poon: edgewater nj for anyone in the area looking for a date. haha

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
It naturally comes from people who THINK or like to make it look as if they know what they're talking about. I'm finding the Monte Carlo comments are being replaced with these comments. My car has 15" GNX rims, so I can understand some of the confusion as far as I go.

Still, people hear of the legendary and simply 'assume' that the GNX was the ultimate way to go and that you 'settled' for second best.

People like that kill me. People that think they can judge you for whatever reason because you didn't get the super zoomie, top of the line, extra bling edition.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
what would rediculously hot highschool chicks wanna do with you? :crazy:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what would rediculously hot highschool chicks wanna do with you?
hopefully something that involves chocolate syrup, handcuffs, and a nerf football. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
your the guy that they give you their phone # and you call it and its a wrong # :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:snap: , andrew you're a comedian over night lol. nah, wat i do is follow em home in the buick with the lights off just in case the number doesn't work. come on man, you know i always have a back up plan. not like stalking is illegal or something in nj :poon:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
lol you 2 are a mess! :LOL: :kekegay: :rotflmao: :leg:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
stealthtt said:
:snap: , andrew you're a comedian over night lol.

wakka wakka

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
LOL Never a dull moment here! Makes my stressful Monday morning all that much better. Anyways I had to put in my 2 cents...I had a guy tell me he had one and how much he loved it and it was fast and how it had *hint hint* lightning rods in it and all, and after REPEATEDLY telling him it WAS NOT a Cutlass 442, he kept rambling on about it enough that I just walked away.

I notice that you can tell the real car people from the "omg I got a new K&N today at Pep Boys Im so cool" crowd when they actually know what a GN is. You either get people that see it and say "Ew what is that heap", or "WHOA."

At the Conshy car show over the weekend...I noticed that the GN and GNX were prob the only 2 cars that had more then 3-4 people standing around them. There were some nice cars there too, but I think once you've seen your first million Chevy 350s...you wanna see something else. I personally like looking at the really old cars (40s,30s, older) to see where we've come from since then :)

·
prostitution for TR parts
1,477 Posts
I've been getting "I've got a -insert car name here- at home with a GN motor in it that runs 6's in the 1/4" followed by " is that an aftermarket turbo, it looks really big". The car has a stock turbo on it right now.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hehe...car guy...

gnetic86 said:
how it had *hint hint* lightning rods in it and all, and after REPEATEDLY telling him it WAS NOT a Cutlass 442, he kept rambling on about it enough that I just walked away.
It was the Hurst Olds that had the lightening rods. :eek:
I believe all the 442's had regular shifters like ours. Same crappy plastic pieces and all!

You were close though...certainly closer than the guy you were talking about! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so who's close enough to northern nj to swing by for some cruising. my gn is kinda lonely being the only buick at most meets. i'll buy ya one of those grand-daddy mega big expresso **** over at the starbucks too :cheers:

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
"Hey that's one of them Jiffy Lube cars"

That's the comment that I got twice now, it must be the same dude. The first time was last fall, and then again last week. He was saying that Jiffy Lube had Buick make these cars for there company advertising... I tried to set him straight both times but I'm sure that he still thinks he is right. I bought this car new in Feb. 1984, and back then I heard alot of nice Monte Carlo crap... But by 1986 most of the kids new what a GN was because of all the press, with it being the fastest prodution car made.
Chuck

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
hey greg- what do all the fat chicks your always makin it to think about the GN? do they wish it was a GNX?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.