Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me a littel lesson on the diffrence between the lc2 in the buicks from 87 to the lc2 in the Trans ams in 89?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
LC2 in Turbo Buicks VS TransAm

Can someone give me a littel lesson on the diffrence between the lc2 in the buicks from 87 to the lc2 in the Trans ams in 89?
I really don't know too much, but understand the Turbo Trans Am using the LC2 used different cylinder heads in order be able to fit the exhaust into the engine bay.They use a different exhaust manifold / header system & used a different down pipe too.

Might be mistaken, but think the cylinder heads came with exhaust guide / valve seals, unlike the Turbo buicks which do not

TA's came with vacuum brake system, no power master here.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are right about the heads. They are Pontiac Heads from the Bonneville SSE due to the clearance issues. Better flow, more compression and it helped make the TTA get just over 300HP along with some of the GNX stuff.

Oil pressure sensor (switch) is under the oil cooler(filter) instead of on the block like the GNs. Programming is different too. Like having a GNX in a sleek body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.