Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject says it all.

I'm ordering a set of GTA 16 x 8 rims f & R used.Whats the best way to install it on a 86 T-Type.What size spacers do you reccomend i use for the rear set?Do i put the fronts on the front of the car and the rears with the spacers on the rear?Or is it reverse?I will be using 245/50/16's all around.Also the car is lowered 1 1/2 in the front and 3/4 in the rear.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

[This message has been edited by xtp231 (edited February 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
132 Posts
You'll have to install the GTA rear wheel on your front with a 7/32 spacer. That's about the max spacer you should install without putting longer wheel studs on. You may still get some wheel rub on the front on a fully locked turn but it's not bad. Good luck.

------------------
Ray K.
'87 WE4

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you haven"t ordered the wheels yet then just order four GTA fronts and they will go right on without any spacers or modification.Did this with the same sized tires used on the GNX with out any problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by buickman3:
If you haven"t ordered the wheels yet then just order four GTA fronts and they will go right on without any spacers or modification.Did this with the same sized tires used on the GNX with out any problems.

I'm getting the rims used so i don't have a choice to get 4 fronts.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

------------------
1986 T-Type,T-Tops,Thrasher chip,18psi,Kenne Bell roller rocker arms,stock appearing adjustable regulator,walbro 340 hotwired,casper volt booster,ta-49,stock ic duttweiler neck,ported stock elbow, tinman cold air kit,3in dp,3in testpipe,hooker 21\2 exhaust with dynomax bullet mufflers.

1991 Grey Lumina Z34 daily driver no mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts