Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious to know exactly what did Mclaren ACS do to The GNX as far as engine work?
I know they used heated O2 Sensors and Ceramic Finned Turbos..... But what else.
Also.... Anyone know of any aftermarket dash setup like the GNX's. It doesn't have to be Stewart Warner gauges like the GNX.
Gauges sure do beat idiot lights anyday.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
As far as I can remember nothing was done to the engine internals. It was all bolt on.
GNX exclusive engine parts were: Special prepared turbo,coated uppipe,better intercooler, external trans cooler,and
recalibrated chip.
I think Kirbins and Postons still sell a GNX style dash. Expensive but

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!
I know my questions will be answered on this message board. That's why I don't bother with any other boards out there.
Unless there is 1 better than this 1.
Nah..
I will check out that url you posted.
Thanks again.

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
Actually the GNX did not use a heated O2 sensor, but they did use a different one than a regular TR. It is still available from GM and was used on a variety of other cars from GM so you don't need a serial number to get it.
The turbo is the same one as the stock TR just has a ceramic exhaust impeller with the cerametal coated inlet pipe and the intercooler is the same phisical size but has more fins per square inch.
The only other engine compartment modification other than badging were relay re-location to accomatate the engine vents on the fenders.

------------------
Craig Winters
President
Manitoba Grand National Association
(204) 771-1127
www.mgna.ca

'87 GN, all stock [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts