Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is getting its head gaskets changed, figured while its down i should install a stall converter....i had bought one off e bay..was supposed to be an orange stripe...but would only stall out to 2500 rpm...what stall speed should i get and what brand/from who...thanks

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
I have a Pat's. This is my second one. I had a non-lock and my current one is a lock-up. I am trying to get them to advertise here. They seem very interested. They have been doing converters for Buicks and other cars for a long time, just not as publicized as the ones we know first hand. Good products, they will set you up at the right stall speed and stand behind their products. I have their 10" lock-up which Steve calls a 10/11 because the clutch is 11". Here is their site with pricing: www.patsperformanceconverters.com

You would go like mad with a 3k stall. Their 12" may suit your needs but if you get the 10" now ($450) you can stall change it if your combo changes up to 4k stall speed. I just had mine loosened from 3200 to 3700 for the 70. More than $200 cheaper than the Extreme and $300 less than a Vigilante single.

You can ask for Steve, fill out the spec sheet or just tell them what speed you want.

<small>[ June 30, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: CallMeMud ]</small>

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what would be the best stall speed for my set up...3000 rpm??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts