Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GN needs some new shoes. Car is stock, is street driven only in fair weather.
There don't seem to be a whole lotta choices in the 215/65-15 size.
What else will fit at all 4 corners? I strongly prefer a USA brand- USA made tire :usa:

(and yeah, I know that the US brands are not all actually US at this point :()
Thanks.

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
Mark, go for the 235's.

Also not sure if your aware that these wheels are reverse mount? The tires have to be removed from the back of the rim not the front side as normal. Generic tire machines will hurt the chrome finish on the rims, the teeth that normally bite the backside of the wheel to hold it still during dismount and mount now will bite the chrome due to the fact that the wheels will be in the machine upside down. Hope that makes sense...

Do your self a favor and go see Wayne to have the tires done he has the right machine for the job. Trying to save you the nightmare I've seen several people go through. I'm waiting for a set to come back from being refinished and will be going to Wayne for my new shoes.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I run Goodyear Eagle GT II's in 235 60 15 on my stock wheels. Closets looking thing to stock they make nowadays. Ride pretty well too. Got them from Tire Rack if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
I run Goodyear Eagle GT II's in 235 60 15 on my stock wheels. Closets looking thing to stock they make nowadays. Ride pretty well too. Got them from Tire Rack if I remember correctly.
Goodyears are discontinued.. Sorry.. Treat yours nicely Achilles .. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts