Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new set of tires. I am looking at three brands at the momment. The Cooper Cobra ZHP-01 directional, BF-Goodrich Comp TA-ZR, and the Bridgestone Potenza RE-730. The Cooper's have the best price and treadwear rating, but the Potenza's and Comps are a little softer compound. Considering how quick this car chews off the rubber, what do you guys think?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i'm a huge fan of firestone firehawk ss20's.

------------------
Rob
87 GN fully loaded with 85k :(
TA49
Ultra Flow exhaust
Cold air induction
3" DP
T-Link comming soon hopefuly
shooting for low 13's high 12's

i'm smarter then zap!! :)
better looking the zap
and have a better sence of humor then swood.
but, damn i'm good!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
What sizes you looking at?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Not sure what size you want but for stock height: BF Goodrich Comp T/A VR4 235/60/R15
Are great tires. Cost me around $90 each

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have those same rims and I am running Yokohama AVS dB($125). They are very quiet, and grip well, even in the rain. They also have that 'mean' tread look. I cannot tell you how many miles they can handle because they are only 2K old.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Brad . check out Dunlop 5000 Sport if they come in that size . real nice tire at a good price . I had the Comp TA's on before and there is no comparison to the Dunlops for the money .

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would recommend the BF Goodrich G Force tires. I have a set and feel the perform great in the corner and in a strait line. They do a nice job at not greasing up under heavy boost. I purchaced them at Sears. Take a look at BF web page.You get what you pay for.

·
NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD
2,284 Posts
BFG's are good for the drier climates but the Bridgestones will handle alot better in the wet. If you do decide to go with the BFG's, shop around. Your nearest Wal~mart has to price beat on tires. I got p245/60r14's for the back of my 83t for about $62 apiece on BFG Radial T/A's.

------------------
Mustang, it's what's for dinner.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I have hooked a great deal on the Cooper Cobras. They have an aggressive tread patern and great compound, AAA rated and treadwear of 340. The price is very good also at $600 Canadian, that is about $20 American...LOL Thanks for everones help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts