Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Wishing to install a tach, probably the autometer Sport Comp series. My question is what size looks good on our cars and where should I put it. I have the stock dash, dual A-pillar holder with boost/vac and knock gauge, and under radio oil and H2O temp gauges. I would like to see some pictures of various installs if possible please. Thanks.

------------------
Brad Thompson,1987 GN T-top, GNX takeoff turbo from ASC, CASV4, 65mm AccuFab plenum, 65mm PTE TB, Jay Carter Alky Kit with Plennum Stealth Injection Plate, Walboro 340, 42.5# Lucas 009's, Jay Carter Street chip, Red Armstrong 93 and Race chip, Metco Billet rear lower control arms, ATR 8.5mm race wires, braided fuel and turbo oil feed lines, ATR cold air kit, 14" K&N filter, Kenne-Bell ram air spoiler, Fully Kirban Braced, ATR 3" downpipe with 3" high flow cat and crossover, Ported turbo exhust housing with Jett-Hot coating. Hooker supercomp 2.5 dual exhaust, rear exit, Jett-Hot coated ATR header, Aluminum underdrive pully, Custom Mallory Billet alternator pulley, fully gauged, Caspers knock gauge, 16" GNX wheels, BF Goodrich Comp TA ZR's, shaft loop, pinion snubber, 4-core rad with high volume pump, manual fan controller, GNX O2 sensor, Art Carr shift kit with deep aluminum finned pan, B&M transcooler, Kenne-Bell hood mounted fuel pressure gauge, ATR intercooler air deflector, Viper keyless entry and security. Boost set at a confident 22# (with Alcohol) on 94 Octane Sunoco mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I've got my Autometer 3" on the steering colum, wrong part of course....

Goes around in circles when I shift.

Works fine at idle right in front of me.

I wouldn't put it there again. I use direct scan or the scanmaster for WOT rpm tuning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.