Turbo Buick Forums banner

What should BLMs be doing??

540 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ajt86 
#1 ·
What should BLMs be doing going down the road? I have 128-130 at idle, but when I'm accelerating, what should the BLMs look like. Should I be around 128 in all cells?? Thanks.

#3 ·
Interesting. That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm. The closer I get to boost, the higher my BLMs are going. I was going to get a new chip anyways, but I want to make sure I'm tuned right first.

Thanks.

#4 ·
gn85 said:
What should BLMs be doing going down the road? I have 128-130 at idle, but when I'm accelerating, what should the BLMs look like. Should I be around 128 in all cells?? Thanks.
128 just means the ecm isn't making any corrections to the fuel. I doubt anyone has 128s in all the cells. The cells just allow for quicker BLM corrections, as load conditions change. 128s are a nice target, but they will vary, from time to time, as gas and weather conditions change.

#5 ·
Hi Doc, Just curious why you say you doubt anyone would have 128 across the board. I have 128 in all the cells in both open and closed loop, and I thought this was good to have. I do have a slight hesitation while idling and the car is revved, just can't seem to find the culprit. It can hide all it wants, I will find it. :headbang:

#6 ·
Probably because 128 implies the ecm never has to make a correction to fueling, yet, changing conditions should necessitate the ecm making some corrections at various times. :)

#7 ·
it got alot easier in OBDII cars where you have a short term and long term fuel trim- you have 0, +, and - if your in the plus your adding a percentage of fuel, in the minus your pulling fuel out. a good running car will bounce around -5 to +5 in the short term usualy and be -1 to +1% in the long term

sooooo much easier :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.