Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is another whats my HP guess thread

my TTA doesn't have the vss hooked up yet so I have no idea on MPH

this car spins the tires like crazy--3600 stall so its not too bad in first gear but as soon as I hit 2nd with anything over 1/2 throttle the tires are spinning

a few times I was just rolling along let it shift easily into second and then give it some gas and anything over 10lbs of boost the tires were spinning-thats fun stuff

and if I'm cruising with traffic on the highway at 60mph (guessing) and I go to pass someone under boost it downshifts and the tires spin so I end up passing people at highway speeds going sideways :D

so going off my signature for the mods and I'm running yokohama 245/50-16 tires

whats my HP ??

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I would say you have lots of torque! Why do you have such a high stall for a TE-62? I take it you haven't had it to the track yet?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Could be bad suspension, tires and road condition more than too much HP. I can do it too. Does that mean we have the same HP? :dunno:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with that converter per CKperformance recommendations-I told him I would eventually like to get this car into the 10's like the previous owner did with the same cam and heads

no track yet and forgot to mention the TE62 is smoking like a bitch-I have a PT54 thats going on soon

I probably have less than 1,000 mi on this engine and trans-I've pretty much been babying it due to the lack of VSS and no scan tools or scanmaster hooked up yet

its set at about 16lbs of boost

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ULYCYC said:
Could be bad suspension, tires and road condition more than too much HP. I can do it too. Does that mean we have the same HP? :dunno:
1 inch lowered springs, bilstein shocks and struts-spohn adjustable torque arm and tranny/crossmember

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
My car dont want to spin the tires for nothing. I guess something is wrong with my car. :D lol Im joking... What type of tires do you have on your car and what condition?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
charleslong said:
My car dont want to spin the tires for nothing. I guess something is wrong with my car. :D lol Im joking... What type of tires do you have on your car and what condition?

brand new yokohama's less than 1,000mi

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Hissin' Buford said:
I think we all maybe have that problem....here's what happen's when you stomp it after hitting second gear with no slicks....... :D :cheers: :D :6: :headbang:
Smartarse. :D

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
BoostedThrills said:
brand new yokohama's less than 1,000mi
yeah theres your problem. i have them too and they're awful!

and trust me ed can defintaly spin the tires with ease at 50+ mph.. i've witnessed it LOL

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'll have to try some of my other tires then--I have 7 other GTA rims with tires I can put on

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
It's not the HP that spins the tires,it's the torque. :)

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i can go 300-400 feet :D but aparently i found out thats bad for your tranny. :dunno:

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
I read....

BoostedThrills said:
this car spins the tires like crazy--3600 stall so its not too bad in first gear but as soon as I hit 2nd with anything over 1/2 throttle the tires are spinning

a few times I was just rolling along let it shift easily into second and then give it some gas and anything over 10lbs of boost the tires were spinning-thats fun stuff

and if I'm cruising with traffic on the highway at 60mph (guessing) and I go to pass someone under boost it downshifts and the tires spin so I end up passing people at highway speeds going sideways :D

so going off my signature for the mods and I'm running yokohama 245/50-16 tires

whats my HP ??
Then I read.....

BoostedThrills said:
I probably have less than 1,000 mi on this engine and trans-I've pretty much been babying it due to the lack of VSS and no scan tools or scanmaster hooked up yet

its set at about 16lbs of boost

Doesn't sound like you are truly babying it driving like that :dunno:
Hey you know what they say, "Drive it like you stole it" :cheers:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
ok I guess I'm not driving like granny

but I'm not putting the pedal all the way to the floor either I swear I'm only using 3/4 pedal at the most and it still impresses me--I'm more than satisfied with this combination and I'm very aware of and fear the detonation so I watch the boost gauge for spike and listen closely for knock

this is the fastest car I've owned/driven

I just need to stop being lazy and get in the garage and install the scanmaster and gauges,working 3rd shift really sucks the life out of me and then I get stuck working double shifts at least twice a week(Juvenile Correction's)

also have the wife talked into getting a laptop for the kids to play on

I didn't tell her that I would use it in the car too,so I can get direct scan

I have another week of vacation coming up middle of July and I definately want to take this car to the track--it'll be my first time

ordering DOT slicks this week and maybe alky kit--Overtime does payoff with toy money

·
Registered
378 Posts
New laptops dont support direct scan. Only Windows 98 laptops that run off of DOS can...Sounds like an awesome combo you have there. Have fun with it.

Jason

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quiky One said:
New laptops dont support direct scan. Only Windows 98 laptops that run off of DOS can...Sounds like an awesome combo you have there. Have fun with it.

Jason
yeah I remember reading about the direct scan running in DOS--but I think somone found a way to get the newer laptops to run it-with dos somehow

I'll definately research it again before buying anything

1 - 19 of 19 Posts