Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this "86(?) GN'xd Wagon" :dunno: at the annual Vineland [NJ] "Cruise Down Memory Lane" on Saturday. Seems like a hodge-podge of different cars? It looks like it has "been around", but I had never seen it. No-one was with it when I walked by...

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
I think that's Robs car...he has had it for a while but I didn't think he made his into a GNX wagon!!

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about the Regal nose on a 'bu wagon, but I wouldn't mind having it!

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
He lives in Magnolia, 2 seconds away from me on the White Horse Pike. Josh (broke86gn) knows him. He obviously sent in stock pics to DMV (like the rest of us, lol). Every now and again its for sale, and he always is asking for a mountain of cash-like the RX7 with a GN motor out front of his house now. The RX7 has as Supra taillights molded in tho the body. Looks terrible and isn't in running condition I heard.

·
Registered
947 Posts
bu

i looked at this toy before it had potential but requires a lot, it's cool though

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Done up right, that car would be cool... not as much of a "sleeper" as Ed's will be tho. I wasn't sure if this was unfinished vs. worn out/abused(?)

In that configuration, how do "we" know that it started life as a Malibu (vs an Olds. Pontiac, or was there a Regal?)

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
I think when you do something like that, you're after the: Who would do that? Why would you do that? Did they really make them from factory? I have too much time on my hands? Is that Doc on K-cups????

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know the car and i know the guy. Now I wont speak highly of the Guy seeing how he has owed me parts for 3yrs. Live and learn. But to defend the car. When it was done 8+ yrs ago it was a clean nice looking piece. Its been used and abused over the yrs.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Rob is the guy who told me about who had my stolen buick parts from my car stolen in Camden. Even had a guy that bought some of the parts in hand when I showed up. He has always done right by me.

·
Master Plumber
1,030 Posts
looks like a turd.

·
Registered
681 Posts
i wouldnt call a set of kirban vents and a gnx headrest(never existed , may even have the horn button and floor mats as GNX which also never existed on the GNx
and has an 86 grill and GN rims

i would expect to see the 87 grille , flares , rims(gtas) , lose the gN badges and hood emblems to even consider it to be X'd, ..underhood details not so important

do the dash and the GNX number plate and you could have some people wondering

the vents are cool , many gns have done them , but the X headrests are tacky and would have to go

as for rogers comment about it being a turd . looks can be deceiving, not saying thats so in this case ..there is a front mount (looks like a precision pipe) and that turbo may not be stock (could be a 49-66 in that housing) , and that torque strap though old school works if its needed
with a ta49 and good gas or alky it could be like hubers 10second monster

and white letter have to go in... especially when you run two different brands on front and rear
I was thinking the same exact thing!

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought some more about the Regal wagons... I think that 1983 was the last year. We had a 1984 Century wagon, it was brand-new model ("A" body fwd) - probably replaced the "G" body wagons.

·
Master Plumber
1,030 Posts
i wouldnt call a set of kirban vents and a gnx headrest(never existed , may even have the horn button and floor mats as GNX which also never existed on the GNx
and has an 86 grill and GN rims

i would expect to see the 87 grille , flares , rims(gtas) , lose the gN badges and hood emblems to even consider it to be X'd, ..underhood details not so important

do the dash and the GNX number plate and you could have some people wondering

the vents are cool , many gns have done them , but the X headrests are tacky and would have to go

as for rogers comment about it being a turd . looks can be deceiving, not saying thats so in this case ..there is a front mount (looks like a precision pipe) and that turbo may not be stock (could be a 49-66 in that housing) , and that torque strap though old school works if its needed
with a ta49 and good gas or alky it could be like hubers 10second monster

and white letter have to go in... especially when you run two different brands on front and rear
agreed. don't forget the traction bars. i'm sure it boogies and it does deserve some respect. a lot of work goes into something like that. the dent on the fender makes it look a little neglected.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts