Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its mounted under the drivers side of the dash, Red box that says Quad Air on it. I am assuming it has something to do with what looks like a Voltbooster on the backside of the alternator. Looks like there is also a wire with a small light on it coming from the box that someone ran to the top of the dash, looks like an alarm light

I assume this is some kind of old fuel enhancer or something for the fuel pump?

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Good question.Could be what you said it was with an LED to indicate when it is working.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess ill have to take a pic tomorrow loser

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I think it's called a "Knock Box" Red made this about 8 years ago. It tells the ECM to ignore knock retard on launch. This is from some old papers I have so I'm not sure how accurate they are. I would call Red about it.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
I have a fuel enhancer from Red I bought back in 89 or 90 and it was in a blue box with, I think one wire with an inline ATO fuse that plugged into the fuel pump fuse cavity and a LED indicator light that you mounted on the dash that would light when you got on the boost. The boost reference was a Stewart Warner Hobbs type switch with two wires that went to the FE box and a vacuum hose. Nothing was attached to the alternator like the Volt Booster does.

Eric Fisher

1 - 7 of 7 Posts