Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is a FEELER at the current time... NOT FOR SALE AS OF YET, just trying to see what i could get for this...

'87 buick grand national

109,000 miles

-factory CF5 astroroof option
-concert sound

transmission:
-brand new (ZERO MILES) transmission built for 10second e.t.'s by Len Freeman of Performance Transmission in Las Vegas
-TCI 3200 stall converter

-aluminum driveshaft from g-bodyparts

engine:
-New rebuild (zero miles)
-girdled
-diamond racing pistons
-total seal file-fit rings
-eagle forged crank
-comp cams 206/206 hydraulic roller kit (cam, lifters, timing chain, beehive valve springs)
-stock heads w/ manley severe duty valves, T&D roller rockers, port matched
-stock intake, ported, EGR tower milled but EGR still operable
-RJC power plate
-ported doghouse w/ stock throttlebody

induction & fuel delivery:
-TE60 turbocharger w/precision housing
-stock headers
-15-row stretch intercooler
-60lb high impedence injectors
-BRAND NEW ECM from GM and turbotweak chip
-adjustable FP regulator
-hotwired fuel pump
-heated O2 sensor

-kirbans 3inch downpipe
-3 inch cat

-edelbrock IAS shocks on all 4 corners
-kirban's rear springs
-GNX style wheels

multitued of guages (most not installed) can be included

this is a conetticut car, the floors are rusty, but the trunk is PERFECT, paint is a strong 6/7 out of 10, interior is a strong 7 out of 10. car drove nicely before the rebuild.. all of the non-stock parts have ZERO miles on them (unless bought used) i have not run the new engine yet at all, have spark, have fuel (quality of fuel is questionable) everything is there, it's just not starting...

what would be a good asking price for this car, AS IS

here are the pictures:

·
NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD
2,284 Posts
$5.... but for you I will double it. :wink: :D

Just e-mail me and I will get it right out to you. :yup:

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
If you got 10K you'd be doing good, IMO. You've got half that under the hood, no?

Keep it, nobody likes a quiter :yup: .....

·
8,392 Posts
not nearly what you've put into it, and probably much less than you'd like.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i forgot to mention; scanmaster, new coil pack, new MAF, caspers cam sensor cap

i wouldn't be quitting, i'd be re-couping my nearly $10,000 in debt to this car (mainly parts... about 7-8grand of it :eek!: ) then i'd be tecnically staying "turbo-buick", just of the V8 variety.. and with TWO hair driers :headbang:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seriously though, what do you guys think i could get for this?

the no-start problem could be as simple as bad gas....

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay... how much could i get for this if i got it running? :dunno:

·
Resident Novice
20 Posts
I'm the sap who bought this thing.

He couldn't get it started because the valves were toooooooo tight, the crank sensor was damaged, and the mufflers were clogged. I had tons of fun last summer. And I blew the head gasket before I got it running.
:6:

·
8,392 Posts
sap? why? did you overpay?:dunno:

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I think so. I gave him 6500.
Sounds like you got a good deal. You should expect to do tweeking when you buy a used car. I guess you didn't do enough before you blew the head gasket. Not his fault but yours:sw:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Maybe. But I still think that any head gasket with rtv on it is gonna fail anyway.
"some" headgaskets use special kind of "goop" (RJC) .. usually they don't blow.. you eat a piston or drive over the crank :eek!: ya have to remember it's a 20 year old car .. just fix the headgasket and have some more fun :yup:

·
Resident Novice
20 Posts
It was pretty hard to get those heads off. Maybe that stuff works. its been in storage over the winter. I got it running decent right before the rainy season started. I couldn't drive it because I ended up junking everything from the powermaster back. I'm gonna throw some new tires on it and put some miles on it when I get time. Who makes a good tire in the 255/50 16. I don't want to spend more than $150 each.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
$6500 is pretty cheap if you ask me.....

·
Ponies Are For Lil Girls.
448 Posts
Some people want diamonds and only want to pay cubic zirconia prices.. No start can be something easy or in ure case a lil in depth.. Its not like he hid the fact from you... Add up the parts alone and see what you cpme up with... The scary fact is Gbody values atre going up... For a clean NA Regal expect to pay at least 2500-3000 easily.. The days of a a clean car for 1000 aint happening anymore.. Its scary but true.. :crazy: :sw:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts