Turbo Buick Forums banner

what can stop the tps from climbing?

494 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  1970gsx 
#1 ·
Can't get mine to go any higher than 4.00 :dunno: No floor mat or anything is in the way... Any suggestions?

thanks

#3 ·
When I adjust it afterwork, I'll inspect the pins.

Thanks!!

#4 ·
If there is no damage as stated in previous responses, you may just need to file the adjustment slotes in the TPS so that it can be moved further away from the throttle blade shaft. This will cause the TPS lever to ride higher on the throttle blade shaft pin. The result will be greater angular movement on the TPS lever, resulting in more change (span) in the TPS voltage.

(You should check to see that the TPS can go over 4 volts first by manually moving its lever, just to make sure that it just isn't bad internally).

Bill

#5 ·
Got the thing tuned this morning as far as IACs, RPM and BLMs are concerned. TPS from pedal goes to 4.1 but when I pull the throttle it will go to 4.5ish??? :dunno: :crazy:

#6 ·
Floor mat. Check your cable to make sure it's hooked into the right peg on the throttle blade arm. There's one for the cruise and one for the throttle. Also check the cable bracket. Make sure it's not bent.

#7 ·
Hey Chris!!!

Floor mats were completely removed, however, I will check the things you noted when I get off work.

Thanks!!

EDIT: So I know what I'm looking for, which peg is the right peg it should be hooked onto? Or did you mean 'right' as in right-side? :yup: :headbang: :cheers:

#8 ·
nero said:
Hey Chris!!!

Floor mats were completely removed, however, I will check the things you noted when I get off work.

Thanks!!

EDIT: So I know what I'm looking for, which peg is the right peg it should be hooked onto? Or did you mean 'right' as in right-side? :yup: :headbang: :cheers:
I meant 'correct' peg. I would have to go out and look.

#9 ·
Would appreciate it!!

I'll give it a looksie when I get off the grind!

#11 ·
Everything's in tact. I'll be at the MAGNA meet this weekend, maybe you guys can take a look at this enigmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :yup: :cheers: :headbang:

#12 ·
Pull it as far forward as possible when you set it. This always helped me when trying to set the TPS for the high setting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.