Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am ordering the cam next day or 2 what is best for my combo? 214/214 from auto parts store?
i have ta-61, 50 lb injectors, 87 ecm, walbro 340 hot wire kit. heads will be redone at same time larger valves? just ported and polished? what is best?

thanx jay

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
If your motor needs rebuilding then a new cam may be needed. But just to put in a bigger cam into a running motor is not needed. Stock cams can get you into the 10's

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If your stock cam is bad, I would replace it with something near stock, not exceeding a 206.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
What kind of auto parts store sells a cam for the 3.8 turbo?

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
I've heard good things about the Lunati 200/200 as a stock replacement with a little more breathing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the auto parts store specializes in performance parts for cars they have to order it but they can get it in 1 day since the puter shows 1 in the warehouse. i am not sure what my car will pull but it is a hot air and my turbo is in the car runs great but not enough fuel hince the injectors, pump etc. but thought i might as well do it all since i am restoring the car. it is an 85 with posi and moon roof and lear siegler interior just needs some tlc

thanx Jay

long story short wil put on mods then see how it runs thanx for help!!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I don't want to get in a hot air vs ic discussion, but I think that is too much cam for a mild street car. It will be gutless on the bottom end compared to a stock cam and you can not run enuf boost to make up for it on the top end.

Look in the book for something close to 200 degs at 50 thous lift.

As a comparison, I know someone that runs a 214 Sig Erson in a 274" Stage II and runs 9.85. Too much cam for a good driver.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANX FOR THE INPUT WILL FIND SOMETHING SMALLER CLOSER TO STOCK/ 200, ALL INPUT IT GREATLY APPRECIATED

jAY

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
The Lunati 200 is listed as a direct replacement for the stocker.It idles so smooth you're hard pressed to hear the engine idle.Spools great and pulls hard.
I'm running the Lunati 205 and just love it.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
yeah, if you want one of those, just come filter my oil.....

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Wood:

As a comparison, I know someone that runs a 214 Sig Erson in a 274" Stage II and runs 9.85. Too much cam for a good driver.

Hmmm, those numbers sound so familar....

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
yeah, if you want one of those, just come filter my oil.....
Why?I've been running one for over four years and no problems that I know of.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Stop telling tales, or making assumptions, you have NOT been running a budget roller for four years!

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Look Kwai Chang TumbleWood,you and the boys at the temple been hanging around the Mesquite pit yet again?

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
he he TumbleWood.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Yep, and while there, we all took reading comprehension courses, Oh, ObiIgloo of the frozen north!

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Yep, and while there, we all took reading comprehension courses, Oh, ObiIgloo of the frozen north!
So explain to me what a Lunati 205 has to do with econo roller cams?

------------------
Give em' hell!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts