Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well right now I am working on its frame and under body. very little rust, all of it minor surface rust but I am cleaning up what little rust there is before it can get bad. I think a lot of people do not take time to do this and let their car body rust out. My car had dealership undercoating which stop most of the rust but they missed a few spots (just like a dealership) so I am cleaning those up and spaying can undercoating on those spots and keep my Buick rust free for years to come. :cool: What are you working on on your Buick? Also make sure your car has undercoating, it is great stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Trying to find a block. Then maybe I can put my car back the way I left it before being stolen.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just tuning it now. Trying to get it to run great, sometimes chasing after Code 42.

Upgrades I wanna get are, new coil pack, ignition module, and also an LT1 maf, and Translator.

-Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
car just came back from paint, and it is completly stripped down so pretty much installing everything included but not limited to new jax interour, carpet, all bolted parts to body, trunk kit alky kit, power plate, steering colum, spring cleaning, spring for governer in trans, rear main seal, all new weather stripping, new t-top kit, new speakers, sattalite radio, and everything else. while i'm thinking about it does anyone know what bolts on the bottom bumpers go i have torx and flat bolt heads. and this all has to be done before 8-19 for the magna meeting.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
I have a busy couple weeks comin up .. Melissa got a cage in her car.. have to paint it and put the interior back together .. Stole her stock 70k eng to put in the Mazda :rolleyes: this never ends :rant: :crazy:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Installed new LCA's, painted up my ATR bar with POR-15, looks all purdy now.
Installing new durm hardware, front brakes too, and a vacuum setup too. Just finnish putting in a MAFTPRO. Oh and a IAC 45degree adaptor. :D

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Hmm on the 83, purchased rear drum hardware, pads was going to pull front bumper off, but think I'll wait. The 86, pull IC and clean it, adjust rear brakes and bleed, find adapter for cable to the soft scan program to run a couple of logs...waiting on parts..emission chip and new shifter handle.

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
In the hopes of getting my first 11 second pass this summer I installed my alky kit last month, just installed my boost controller last week and will be installing a safety loop this weekend.

Blown headgasket here I come :eek!:

·
Registered
34 Posts
The 85 T is getting an engine wiring harness swap to get ready for the drivetrain out of the totaled 86. Also a good general cleanup. After I get it running I'll worry about paint and bodywork. :wink:

The 87 GN TSM car is getting a custom FAST wiring harness. A gear swap for the 9" and H&R rear suspension. Motor is ready to drop in after getting the H&R motor mounts. Still need trans and convertor. :D

The 87 GN street car is down for the count after 227K. Needs motor and front suspension rebuild. Currently sitting on jack stands with no suspension. I guess it will be the last one finished. :(
John

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Chasing a drivers side leak in the GN, plenty of rain to test with as well. :mad:

Supposed to go racing some wed. night at LVD but it's rained a lot up there lately and now it's too hot.

Nothing much wrong with the WE4 salvageV6 so I just drive it. :)

GN has plenty of work to do on it such as rust prevention, door and rear speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, and wash and wax and detail.

Maybe when the rain stops....

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
salvageV6 said:
and wash and wax and detail.

Maybe when the rain stops....
Washing in the rain saving from having to rinse :yup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Doing pretty much what dizzydave is doing except have not painted yet but am almost ready to. New professionally done interior with matching original type of fabric (carpet, seats, door panels, headliner, visors), ttop weatherstrip and door weatherstrip including the strips on top of the door in the window channel area, redyed all interior panels, and, yes, spending hours on my back cleaning underneath from front to back and then chassis painting the frame and various other parts.

IMO I like the undercaoting as well and have bought some but the guy at the Buick body shop (Buick was originally going to redo my car but was going to charge a lot o $$$) said people are trying to "hide" problems underneath their car using undercoating. I lol at that one even though maybe some do. Anyway, what exactly are you using the undercoating on i.e. bottom of floorpans and chassis or everything. Just curious because I was thinking of doing my floorpans.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Ttype83 said:
Hmm on the 83, purchased rear drum hardware, pads was going to pull front bumper off, but think I'll wait. The 86, pull IC and clean it, adjust rear brakes and bleed, find adapter for cable to the soft scan program to run a couple of logs...waiting on parts..emission chip and new shifter handle.
Well add replace turbo to the 86..God I love cars :crazy:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Well on July 14th we have a track rental so I need to do some more stuff to the car to get it ready.

Put on the ATR sway bar, pull front sway bar, new o2 sensor(code 13 keeps popping up) and set my pinion angle. turbos smoking and I bought a rebuild kit but I'm going to do it after the track just incase something goes wrong.OH I need to get my turbolink working too.

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
David87GN said:
Doing pretty much what dizzydave is doing except have not painted yet but am almost ready to. New professionally done interior with matching original type of fabric (carpet, seats, door panels, headliner, visors), ttop weatherstrip and door weatherstrip including the strips on top of the door in the window channel area, redyed all interior panels, and, yes, spending hours on my back cleaning underneath from front to back and then chassis painting the frame and various other parts.

IMO I like the undercaoting as well and have bought some but the guy at the Buick body shop (Buick was originally going to redo my car but was going to charge a lot o $$$) said people are trying to "hide" problems underneath their car using undercoating. I lol at that one even though maybe some do. Anyway, what exactly are you using the undercoating on i.e. bottom of floorpans and chassis or everything. Just curious because I was thinking of doing my floorpans.
The main thing I am doing is touching up up some spots some of the undercoating wore off ( no rust through because there is still paint under the undercoating), also found the dealership had missed spots on the floorpan so I am spaying those as well and cleaning up some minor surface rust. For the chassis you will want to use epoxy chassis paint, it is strong stuff. If there are some minor rusty surface spots first wire brush the spot a little, spay some rust converter on it to change the rust to a black primer, then paint it over, then spay undercoating. My Regal has had undercoating since it was new from the dealership and the under body is in very good shape for a 20 year old car. If you plan to keep a car for a long time get undercoating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chasing a high blm problem so I can get this thing running right before I bolt on my te44 turbo. Have to get this thing through emissions first.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I trying to put these fabricated covers on. Looks like I have to modify them more on drivers side to fit my allternator setup.

Bought some real leather recaro style racing seats. Felt weird having seats that say 'Cobra' on them. :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts