Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my header welded but my car still runs like crap. I can't run no more than five pounds of boost and the car can barely keep speeds around 75-80 going up a hill. It makes that high pitch noise a turbo makes but only ten times louder. Im not a genius but i think its coming from the turbo.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
OK I'm no Guru but you cant keep speed at 75 mph?
If turbo is bad you should blow smoke or something??? There should be a tell tale sign? How about fuel pressure? MAF?? When my MAF crapped it was most noticed on the hiway & not the city! This is 2 times that it happened. Whats it read at WOT? (maf) Coil pac unit was the same. Hiway crapped but city was ok enuf to get by on. So whats it do in the city at low speeds? More info is needed. Good Luck!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I just changed out the coil pack because the other one was causing my car to surge really bad. Have no idea were my dad got it from but that could be the problem because it wasnt doing this at first. Hey thanks a lot because I hadnt thought of that.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. I got a new coil pack and installed it and tried to start the car. The only problem is my dumb a$$ installed the plug wires backwards. I tried to start the car a few times and of course it didnt work. Then I put them in the correct way and still nothing. What happened?

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
phil_long said:
Ok. I got a new coil pack and installed it and tried to start the car. The only problem is my dumb a$$ installed the plug wires backwards. I tried to start the car a few times and of course it didnt work. Then I put them in the correct way and still nothing. What happened?
When you installed the new coil pack on the ignition module, you did connect the wires correctly didn't you? Here is a link that may help.

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22858&highlight=ignition+module+wiring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts