Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what 60' can you start pulling the tires/tire i got a 1.69 on my nittos and i know i can push harder

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
You should start to see a bit of daylight with anything below 1.65. A friend of mine and a fellow board member Schlodes ran I believe a 1.62 with a stock converter, stock turbo, stock intercooler and stock injectors and he got a bit of daylight under the front left tire. I believe Schlodes was running 12.1 or 12.2 at that time. His car launched very hard and was tuned perfectly.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( guess i gotta drop the air psi and try a 10psi launch :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've had 1.59/1.60 60 fts and no light under the tires yet...that's with a 10 PSI launch off the transbrake...I think it has more to do with how hard you launch...as soon as I get the new HD axles in I'll try 15 PSI launch...

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want light!

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
holy crap i didn't know you could lift tires with a stock turbo??? since when has someone did that??? i never lifted the tires when i was stock and i ran a 12.2 @ 112 mph with a 1.58 60ft on slicks! i didn't think you could lift the tires until you were in the low 11's with at least a high boosted TE_44 turbo

·
Turbo Buick Tweaker
1,125 Posts
hell i've been to 1.49 and barely could slide a piece of paper under my drivers side tire

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:( common i wanna do it! if i disconect the sway bar you think it can happen?

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
d0n_3d:
holy crap i didn't know you could lift tires with a stock turbo??? since when has someone did that???
I was at the track on 2 different occasions when I saw a small amount of light under the driverside tire. The tire was only coming up maybe an inch and that is it, but it was coming off the ground. His car did not have the sway bar and he was launching with probably about 12#'s of boost, maybe more.
On my car GN #1 I can run a 1.5x short time and get decent (6 - 12") of air under the driverside tire but I do run an Art Carr 9" converter most of the time.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i guess my lil 2600 stall converter wont cut it frown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts