Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Roger Hare
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After de-greasing my 87 T engine, I mused over possible rough running solutions. "Justasix" you nailed it...TPS! Current code is 22 and indicating fuel cutoff relay circuit open or shorted to ground. In addition, code 45 is registered-O2 rich exhaust-which shouldn't suprise me, 'cause the thing must be squirting gas like no tomorrow.

Installing new TPS this weekend; Along with fresh oil (all that gas had to go somewhere) and plugs.

Got my fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Roger Hare
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve, I'll try it. Helpful link.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
By any chance did you rinse it with a high pressure hose or a high pressure hose with warm/hot water, such as at the car washes?

·
Roger Hare
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't use high pressure or hot water. But I did spray and scrub the valve covers with a degreaser; Using a garden hose for final rinse.
I know I hit the top of the engine with the water and that's when my trouble started.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Those TPS dont like water too much! Hope its all good now.

·
Roger Hare
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installed TPS today. Changed the oil and plugs too. Wow, what a difference! I have my car back and went straight out to a long stretch to blow her out. Couple poofs of carbon exhaust later, and it's "hello Cape Canaveral".

To celebrate, I went down our local arterial and chomped on a few Japanese bottle-rockets.

Life is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts