Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Nick Micale with be hosting the WCN this year in Phoenix. The following is his preliminary post:

"I just talked with the track manager at Speedworld here just outside Phoenix, where most of us local racers attend. [This is where some of the Pinks TV shows are filmed.]

We discussed the posibility of holding a Buick event there probably Nov. 3,4 and 5. On Friday night their usual race program starts about 7 PM, there is a Saturday day event and also Sunday drags.

At this point, a track rental is out of the question, however we can join the Friday night trophy challenge or time runs, do time runs and qualifying on Saturday, and Sunday qualifying and eliminations?

This is a NHRA track and we have always had a good relationship with them on club days, and other special events. On Saturday and Sunday we would have our own staging lanes as there is no shortage with 9 of them.

For those with motor homes, it may be possible to stay overnight? Since the gates will be open Friday night, pit parking for the weekend will be allowed for trailers too.

If this is of interest to enough people/racers, I will gladly pursue getting it put in place. For more info on the schedule and location of Speedworld, go here:"

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/schedule.htm

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any more info about this? Is it going to happen?

Thanks,

Shari

·
Registered
4 Posts
West Coast Nationals Racing Classes

West Coast Nationals Racing Classes November 24, 25, 26 2006

Stage Block Turbo Heads Up
Any Stage 1 or Stage 2 powered car may compete

Stock Block Turbo Heads Up
Any Stock 109 block powered car may compete

11.50 Index Turbo Class Heads Up Race
This class is for Turbo cars without necessary saftey equipment to run faster than 11.50, faster cars are welcome but may not run faster than 11.50. This will be a heads up class without dial ins. The object is to run as close to the index as you can without breaking out. In the event that both cars breakout the car that breaks out the least will advance to the next round. Getting your car dialed in and cutting a perfect light will be the goal for this class. This should be a fun one.

Bracket Classes open to any Buick powered car

B1 10.99 and Faster
B2 11.00 to 11.99
B3 12.00 to 12.99
B4 13.00 and slower

These are not final as we are open to any and all suggestions.

Jan Moeller
WCN Race Director

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
West Coast Nationals - Rooms?

A couple of us made some calls today to see what might be available for hotels rooms for the WCN. Being Thanksgiving weekend, rooms are going fast but I did talk with the following hotels tonight and rooms are still available. If interested, I suggest you contact one or the other right away. The two hotels are under the same ownership and very close to one another. The room rate is $99.00 per night:

Days Inn & Suites
12477 West Bell Road
Surprise, Arizona 85374
623-933-4000

Quality Inn & Suites
16741 North Greasewood Street
Surprise, Arizona 85374
623-583-3500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts