Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indoor go-karting. Feels fast enough to get hurt. My lap times were the worst of 8 of us but it was still fun. I am sore from being cramped up in the kart. For an 8 minute ride that feels like 20 minutes, it was a blast. $18, not cheap but something worthy of doing again sometime. http://www.ftik.com

·
prostitution for TR parts
1,477 Posts
I've been there, really fun but not enough room for the carts to really get going. My lap times sucked too, you really have to learn to trust the cart and let it loose traction and power it around the corners. It is hard to allow that being a drag racer!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
when it comes to having a good time i try not to worry about money.. well thats untill after when i want to get food when i'm done! :crazy:

·
Not Toyota Certified
396 Posts
I have been to a track like that in MA, gotta put on the space suit. :D

Nothing compares to Lil' 500 over in Maitland, FL. It's $3 a race and they are open till 1am. The carts are fast so they powder the corners to slow them down a bit. There is no mercy.. people get spun out then hit head on, smashed into the walls ... First place gets a free race! If you like wiplash and racing with drunk ******** :cheers: this is the place for you!

Hey Orlando87GN .. Wanna go tonight?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I'll go tonight, maybe Scottie wants to trade some paint as well. He's coming over tonight to help with the 'Mike Savino 2006 Indy Bracket Racing Machine' in preparations for next week.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Back when I lived Nebraska, we had IMO the best indoor cart track in the world.It was in southwest Omaha. For the life of me I cant even remember the name of the place or the guy that ran it. They used real live 100cc race carts. They would put those Lil 500 carts on the trailer. The track was inside one of those concrete wall industrial parks. IIRC the building was something like 120,000 sq ft. The tracks were at least 1/4 to 3/8 mile in length. They could reconfigure it pretty easily and they usually would every other month. And there was a full bar on the premises too. Every other Sunday night my local SCCA and other racing buddies would get together and the owner would have a special night rate for us. All we had to do was bring our own helmets and wear a jacket with full pants. It was even air conditioned so you didn't sweat your a$$ off in the summer.We would have enduros 30 minutes in length. He would prep the track by laying down Coke syrup on the good parts. The carts even had on board timers and you would get a sheet at the end of the run with your individual lap times on just like they do in the professional races. There was always a section of track where if you exit the corner right you could get up to 50 or 60MPH for a split second. The downside was you had to be very good at braking or you would get into the tires and screw up the lap. It was also set up like a Malibu GP where you could earn points and maybe win what ever prize they were offering that year. It was usually something really neat like a new shifter cart or a set of racing leathers. Of course you probally had to spend $10K to win a $5K prize. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to build my own track patterned after this place. My favorite thing to do was come up and draft behind some ones unsuspecting wife or GF or some other geek on the straight and make them spin out as I passed them in the corner exit. Who needs bumpercars to have fun?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts